125 days til a big surprise???

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Beasty

Re: 125 days til a big surprise???

Beitrag von Beasty »

"Some of which I haven't heard since the late seventies" hatte ich beim Durchlauf gehört. Egal, eigentlich brauch ich keine work-in-progress Sachen. Ich hätte lieber komplett unbekannte Stücke. :shock:
He's hundred names of terror, the creature you love the least. Picture his name before you and exorcise the beast.
Pachinko

Beitrag von Pachinko »

Gerade hat es auch Steven Wilson auf seiner offiziellen Facebook-Seite bestätigt:

Steven Wilson - Official page
"Since Ian Anderson has been talking about this, I guess it's now official. I recently completed a brand new mix of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" for a 40th anniversary edition. As always the remix is super faithful to the original, but with much improved sonic clarity (something that just can't be achieved with remastering). Also remixed for inclusion were many other studio tracks from the 1970-71 period (several previously unreleased), and a 5.1 mix. It should be out on EMI in September."
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

Also remixed for inclusion were many other studio tracks from the 1970-71 period (several previously unreleased), and a 5.1 mix. It should be out on EMI in September."
Das klingt ja tatsächlich nach einer sehr spannenden Angelegenheit. Ich freu mich drauf!!
strange avenue

Beitrag von strange avenue »

Aaahhh -- schön! Die vielen anderen Tracks bringen mich zum Sabbern, was komisch ist, weil 'Sensitive Steven' und sein Streberbrillchen bei mir sonst andere Reflexe auslösen (Grosshirn an Faust...)

Bild

(Es gibt Frisuren, die Haarausfall wie eine Gottesgnade erscheinen lassen, n'est-ce pas?)
Bild
|_______|_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

anonymus: Was in Abbey Road recently and popped into Studio 3 to hear a beautiful alternate version of 'Cheap Day Return' with a lovely oboe part. Don't know if that'll appear but it just so happened that the engineer was going through 'Aqualung' on that day.

SW: About the Aqualung remix, this was all done at 96K and in particular the new stereo mix is something that I'm very proud of, since the recording was not done under the best circumstances (though what's on tape is better than the original mix would suggest). Having failed to get EMI to go Blu-Ray on this (which is the high res audio format I'm moving to for a forthcoming solo record), I'm still urging them to at least do a DVDA. The problem with the major labels is that although there are genuine music lovers still in these companies, they are beholden to the accountants who run things. This was not an issue with Crimson reissues because Robert owns all the copyrights, so we could do what we wanted with them. I'm going to pursue the idea of somehow trying to make the high res formats available if the companies won't do it, but don't hold your breath - there's a lot of bureaucracy involved.
At least the success of the Crimson reissues has led a to more and more artists from this era coming to the conclusion that a sympathetic remix (by which I mean one that is super faithful to the original mix in every respect, using the same balance, EQ, stereo placement, plate reverbs..etc..), can do what no amount of remastering the original mixes can do in bringing out sonic clarity. So in terms of the model of deluxe editions with the original mix, a new stereo mix, 5.1 mix, and mixes of previously unheard out-takes found on the reels, there are more of these kind of projects on the way, though I can't say more at present. I just hope that more often that not we can incorporate a high res format into these editions. Watch this space I guess...

SW: Guys - I've had confirmation from EMI that they are going with a regular DVD for my 5.1 mix. On the plus side the original 70's quad mix will also be included, and both the old and new stereo mixes at 96/24.
Life Is A Long Song
King Heath

Beitrag von King Heath »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben: SW: ... (though what's on tape is better than the original mix would suggest).
Why am I not surprised?

KH
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Moin:
Snafje JT hat geschrieben:I've had confirmation from EMI that they are going with a regular DVD for my 5.1 mix. On the plus side the original 70's quad mix will also be included, and both the old and new stereo mixes at 96/24.
Shame that they don't offer the high res audio! The quad mix, which I transferred myself to dts-cd a few years ago (find a story about this elsewhere), is indeed, great!

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

IA: In September, there’s a collector’s edition of the Aqualung album being released by EMI, which I just finished working on in conjunction with Abbey Road studios. Steven Wilson has remixed the album very nicely in 5.1 surround as well as stereo, so the collector’s edition will have the original mixes, the remixes, the 5.1 mixes and about 11 bonus tracks, including some outtakes from the album, which we were able to find amongst the old tapes stored at Abbey Road studios these days.
Life Is A Long Song
jan.gast

Beitrag von jan.gast »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:IA: In September, there’s a collector’s edition of the Aqualung album being released by EMI, which I just finished working on in conjunction with Abbey Road studios. Steven Wilson has remixed the album very nicely in 5.1 surround as well as stereo, so the collector’s edition will have the original mixes, the remixes, the 5.1 mixes and about 11 bonus tracks, including some outtakes from the album, which we were able to find amongst the old tapes stored at Abbey Road studios these days.
Nice, the source please.
JG
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi there:
jan.gast hat geschrieben:Nice, the source please.
Excellent!

But where did he say that?

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
jan.gast

Beitrag von jan.gast »

Laufi hat geschrieben:But where did he say that?
Dank Google:
http://www.vintagerock.com/ian_anderson ... _2011.aspx

JG
strange avenue

Beitrag von strange avenue »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:11 bonus tracks
...These sure double the number of tracks on the original LP, Thanks snafje! Should make at least 3 discs, then, the new mix in stereo on compact disc, the multi-channel and original mixes on DVD, and an additional CD featuring the bonus cuts, of sorts -- Yummie!
Bild
|_______|_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

strange avenue hat geschrieben:
Snafje JT hat geschrieben:11 bonus tracks
...These sure double the number of tracks on the original LP, Thanks snafje! Should make at least 3 discs, then, the new mix in stereo on compact disc, the multi-channel and original mixes on DVD, and an additional CD featuring the bonus cuts, of sorts -- Yummie!
I guess these include the Life Is A Long Song EP, although I'm not sure.
Life Is A Long Song
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

VERY interesting interview with IA:

http://oregonmusicnews.com/blog/2011/06 ... ional-map/
Life Is A Long Song
Birgit

Beitrag von Birgit »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:VERY interesting interview with IA:
Ja, besonders dies hier :-(

"So are there any completely unreleased pieces that you are putting on the Aqualung reissue?

"There was really nothing that has never been released. I’ve been all through the catalog in years gone by. If it had not been released, there were a few incomplete songs that were just doodles. Maybe there was just a demo put down, but they are not complete songs, just incomplete backing tracks. The men at EMI were kind of hankering after putting one of those incomplete ideas out just for the fans, and I said “No.” ..."
Antworten