wächst das Gras?

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Unisono

wächst das Gras?

Beitrag von Unisono »

im neuesten Eintrag des Gerald Bostock diary, das ja zweifellos von IA selbst geschrieben wird (wie alleine schon aus dem Untertitel >Latest news from the lyric writer of the original "Thick as a Brick"< hervorgeht) wird vom Fund eines Manuskripts in einem örtlichen Antiquariat berichtet, verfasst von "Ernest T. Parritt, local amateur historian and grandfather of the present Lord Archie". Der vorgebliche Gerald Bostock nimmt es an sich, und zwar aus folgendem Grund:

" ... and so I took it home to draw some inspiration for ideas for lyrics for the band I am putting together in my age of febrile
middle age crisis. In a mere few weeks, The Commoners will have a debut gig to a few old buddies from the back benches in a tavern in darkest Westminster and I hope I can achieve a level of competence by then in the art of axe-bashing, or whatever you call it. Young Florian Opahle has promised to come over from Munchen to offer a bit of guitar tuition and performance guidance (...)"

Höre ich hier das Gras wachsen - oder ist das die versteckte Ankündigung von neuem Material in der Auführung durch welche Formation auch immer (jedenfalls unter Mitwirkung von FO)?
Whistling Catfish
Re: wächst das Gras?

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

....so ähnlich habe ich auch gedacht. Ich weiss aber von nix. Übrigens ist das nicht der neueste GB Diary Eintrag. Es gibt da noch einen neueren, der noch ein bischen konkreter diesbezüglich ist...;-)
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Kwyjibo

Beitrag von Kwyjibo »

Ja und den neuesten Werbeeintrag zu The Walking Dead :wink:
Unisono

Beitrag von Unisono »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:Übrigens ist das nicht der neueste GB Diary Eintrag. Es gibt da noch einen neueren, der noch ein bischen konkreter diesbezüglich ist...;-)
Der neueste, den ich finden kann, ist "A New Beginning - Part 13", aus dem habe ich zitiert. ("A New Beginning" - "A New Day" ... hm ...). Was späteres krieg ich nicht!
Whistling Catfish

Unisono hat geschrieben:
Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:Übrigens ist das nicht der neueste GB Diary Eintrag. Es gibt da noch einen neueren, der noch ein bischen konkreter diesbezüglich ist...;-)
Der neueste, den ich finden kann, ist "A New Beginning - Part 13", aus dem habe ich zitiert. ("A New Beginning" - "A New Day" ... hm ...). Was späteres krieg ich nicht!
Von gestern via fb:
Gerald B. hat geschrieben:Had a nice email from IA and band saying how much they missed me! From Spain, in fact, where they were about their sordid business playing a few concerts with the TAAB show. No one got sick. Bad days of travel but all went well in spite of concerns regarding production and lack of information from the local promoter.

I have been fiddling with my rock lyrical masterpiece. Fine-tuning and editing.... I hope to show the outline to the music-meister when he returns today. Maybe I can persuade him, over a glass of local ale at the Dirty Duck, to consider it for a music project - just as we did those 41 long years ago when I was a nipper. Precocious little bastard I was, in fact, but I grew out of it. Or did I? Well, I like to think so. I am really rather shy, if truth be known, and dreaded those PM's questions when I had to get up and pretend to represent my constituents over some trifling matter. A nuclear base. A road closure. A farmyard disease of bovine proportions.

Ah, well - now the creative juices are flowing in a different direction (certainly not towards the nethers of of The Old Bag, who is somewhat detached at present having taken up Zen studies and is shortly off to a Buddhist retreat) I shall concentrate on my concept album and offer up a few tasty guitar licks, courtesy of Florian Opahle's tuition. Florian has a new girlfriend, I heard, and may not have time for his old pal, but I shall ask him anyway. He just turned thirty this month and may have other things on his mind. Still, when you hit 51, as I shall later this year, there is plenty of time for reflection and concern. Must go off for that prostate check. The wriggly finger and the blood-sucker await....

But first, to call Mr A and try to have that get-together and show him the first draft. Fingers crossed he likes it. Otherwise, I shall be forced to take it to Iron Maiden.
Ist wohl auch eher eine "Statusmitteilung" als ein Tagebucheintrag...;-)
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

Das klingt ja nach einem neuen Konzept-Album. Beste Nachricht in 2013 bisher!^^
Carsten

Beitrag von Carsten »

Das Gras wird immer höher, hoffentlich wird's nicht gemäht:
http://www.futuro.cl/2013/02/01/ian-and ... s-a-brick/
Übersetzung:
The musician ahead of his show Wednesday, March 6 at the Teatro Caupolicán upcoming reissues of this classic band.
By Hector Munoz

Tell us a little of what the show with the two parts of "Thick As A Brick" ...

Complete show the 2 parts of "Thick As A Brick", the two discs.
The first, in 1972, touched as we launched at that time, and its sequel, which launched last year.
There will be 20 minutes of intermediate where they can go to the bathroom, buy a drink or a shirt.
Basically the hearing may, apart from enjoying intense music, see guys having fun playing.
We like to tour with all the support we have in audiovisual scene. It is a show of good production,
with many things going on, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We hope you enjoy the full experience of "Thick As A Brick".

Why did you want to do the sequel to "Thick As A Brick"?

I always wondered when would a sequel, but it actually took me 39 years to find a good reason to do it.
Finally I came in late 2010, and in January 2011 I started writing. In four weeks, he had a hard compound.
It's nice to have had everything ready in such a short time, even though we could not record until November
of that year's tour took us busy throughout 2011.
Anyway, we had the album ready in late December. And here I am, in February 2013,
writing letters that will record a new album in November 2014 and that throw, repeating the process a bit.
In the latter period, I tried to have a disc ready every two years.

Can you tell the new material?

I could, but I will not ... I have yet to change many things.
It's a conceptual piece that can follow the process on my blog page, in a sort of diary that I update.

Jethro Tull or solo?

Do not know yet. It is important to me because it is my name that is printed on the ticket of every show.
In the end, I write the music, and the singing and play.

What was the original inspiration of "Thick As A Brick" in 1972?

It was actually inspired by the fact that music critics believed that "Aqualung" was a concept album,
when in truth was a collection of songs.
I thought when they were saying, so I decided that the next album would be one conceptual yes.
It would give them what they thought they had heard the previous year, and decided I had to be
as exaggerated as possible, do a kind of satire on the idea of a concept album in the progressive.
I decided to go a little further than Genesis and Yes, and make the record that was
"the mother of all concept albums", a bit surreal, and also a parody of the same. He was half joking and half serious.

A couple of years ago, reissued "Aqualung" with Steven Wilson remix. What else have you worked with him?

He was also responsible for the remix of "Thick As A Brick" original and the sequel mixed.
Last year we were doing the remixes "Benefit", "A Passion Play" and tapes "Chateau d'Isaster",
the original recordings of that album we did not finish in 1973, never completed.
We intend to launch these reissues this year, with remixes in 5.1. It was fun to review that material.

How about Wilson's work?

He's younger than me, and his ear is in better condition than mine couple make a more balanced judgment about quality.
It is very true to the original spirit of the production and mixing. It concentrates on clean records,
giving more sparkle, more definition and clarity. It has a lot of respect for these works, and is good at this job.
So highly regarded is because he knows having the right approach to this type of work.

How is playing orchestra and turn in this format by showing the world the classic Jethro Tull?

It's very difficult because, if you work with an orchestra, coordinating testing costs and sound checks.
They often work with different orchestras to travel to different countries, you have to rehearse
the night before and the morning before the show. Okay do 2 or 3 weeks,
but if I did every day of the year, would be dead.
It's challenging, it's exciting, it's a different way of presenting your music, examining
the different sounds and textures that take your songs. On that side, it's exciting, but it depends
on how good and involved an orchestra work. There are better than others.
When I played with Chile, was a great experience, totally committed and did an impeccable job.
But I have played shows in that simply did not work. I will not say which countries was, but it happens.

Why did you choose the flute as your main instrument in putting live?

When I started playing in 1967, had many guitar heroes, many types being made known, as Eric Clapton,
Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac knew he would never be as good as them,
so I decided to find an instrument to play, one that someone like Eric Clapton could not play.
The flute seemed a good choice. In any rock band playing flute, so I took it to me
and I saw it was a great opportunity.
I learned to play it. And in February 1968, Jethro Tull was formed as a small blues band,
and was different from the others because it had a flute.
That made us special and different to the rest, and the flute became a rock instrument.
Although I am the most identified with a flute, I am not alone, just the best known.
And all these years, I think I still am. The flute is not an instrument you usually hear in rock.
Maybe it was a good choice to promote us, made us different from the rest.

We know you have a salmon farming. :o Have you had a presence in the Chilean market?

I have no business whatsoever in Chilean salmon.
Coincidentally, Atlantic Salmon Company began applying some of its technology beyond culture,
replicating what they did from Scotland to Norway.
It was an opportunity to engage in the new territory as Chile, but for me it was too.
I could not keep a business thousands of miles away from where I live, I prefer to keep my growing nearby.
However, the process learned by watching them.
It was a challenge to develop these crops in Scotland without bothering to go to Chile to do.
I followed with interest the process, but I was tempted to get involved beyond,
was far away and I found it difficult logistics.

Read more: http://jethrotull.proboards.com/index.c ... z2KscqXR8H

Also: Aufnahmen für neues Album im November 2014 (tatsächlich wohl das erwähnte Thema im Bostock-Blog, von mir aus könnte es auch Nov.13 sein) und Wilson Remixe von "Benefit" und "A Passion Play" noch dieses Jahr!
Ganz fein.
10cars
MENS RIDO ET REPUGNUM IN MAX QUAD
Whistling Catfish

:shock: Ui....das sind aber mal Nachrichten! Toll!
Nightcap

Beitrag von Nightcap »

Carsten hat geschrieben:Das Gras wird immer höher, hoffentlich wird's nicht gemäht:
(...)
Last year we were doing the remixes "Benefit", "A Passion Play" and tapes "Chateau d'Isaster",
the original recordings of that album we did not finish in 1973, never completed.
We intend to launch these reissues this year, with remixes in 5.1. It was fun to review that material.
(...)
Also: Aufnahmen für neues Album im November 2014 (tatsächlich wohl das erwähnte Thema im Bostock-Blog, von mir aus könnte es auch Nov.13 sein) und Wilson Remixe von "Benefit" und "A Passion Play" noch dieses Jahr!
Ganz fein.
10cars
Great News!! Merci vielmals!
Remixe von Benefit, Passsion Play und (oder incl.) "Chateau d`Isaster"....
Neues Album 2014 / 2015....
Hat der Mann kein Privatleben? :wink:
Life's a long song
But the tune ends too soon for us all
Whistling Catfish

Nightcap hat geschrieben:
Carsten hat geschrieben: (...)
Ganz fein.
10cars
Great News!! Merci vielmals!
Remixe von Benefit, Passsion Play und (oder incl.) "Chateau d`Isaster"....
Neues Album 2014 / 2015....
Hat der Mann kein Privatleben? :wink:
Diese automatische Übersetzung ist natürlich nicht so pralle. Aber ich hoffe auch, dass die Aufnahmen im November 2013 stattfinden werden und das Album dann Anfang Februar 2014 erscheinen soll. Gehe eigentlich auch davon aus, dass dies so lauten soll, denn ansonsten würde es m. E. keinen Sinn machen, jetzt schon GB's Blog darauf auszurichten und zweitens spricht er doch
an anderer Stelle irgendwo von einem 2-jahresintervall. Und TAAB2 is' ja nun ziemlich genau ein Jahr alt, gelle...;)

Und das nun verbleibende Jahr können wir ja wunderbar mit den Remixen und ein paar TAAB Shows überbrücken...;). Ich kann den Remix von Benefit ehrlich gesagt kaum erwarten.......Freu' mir!
Birgit

Beitrag von Birgit »

Carsten hat geschrieben:Anyway, we had the album ready in late December. And here I am, in February 2013,
writing letters that will record a new album in November 2014 and that throw, repeating the process a bit.
In the latter period, I tried to have a disc ready every two years.[/b]
Heißt das jetzt, er will ab November 2014 alle zwei Jahre mit einen neuen Album rauskommen? :mrgreen:
In seinem Alter sollte er vielleicht etwas kurzfristiger planen. :twisted:
Whistling Catfish

Also......es ist tatsächlich so wie ich es oben vermutet habe. Sprich' Aufnahme im November 2013, VÖ Anfang 2014 und getourt wird mit der neuen Platte danach auch wieder! Das ganze wird wieder ein einstündiges Konzeptalbum. Die Chateau Tapes wurden im Originalzustand restauriert, sprich ohne die 1993 Flöte, was dem ollen Strangilein sicher gefallen wird.......:-). Sachen gibts....je oller je doller....;-)
folkfreak

Beitrag von folkfreak »

Orginal Chateau Tapes im Anmarsch ?
Das wird ja immer besser. Der Meister ist gerade dabei wieder meinen Respekt zurückzuerobern....
Es ist doch noch nicht der 1. April ?

Womöglich diesmal komplett mit Skating away und Sailor (hier kann Ian nicht verstehen, gut, der Text ist nicht so umfangreich, aber mit solcher Inbrunst gesungen....)

Sachen gibts

Alex

Edit: Da haben WC und ich doch tatsächlich zum gleichen Satz gegriffen......
Birgit

Beitrag von Birgit »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:Also......es ist tatsächlich so wie ich es oben vermutet habe. Sprich' Aufnahme im November 2013, VÖ Anfang 2014 und getourt wird mit der neuen Platte danach auch wieder! Das ganze wird wieder ein einstündiges Konzeptalbum. Die Chateau Tapes wurden im Originalzustand restauriert, sprich ohne die 1993 Flöte, was dem ollen Strangilein sicher gefallen wird.......:-). Sachen gibts....je oller je doller....;-)
Hast Du Ian mal eben angerufen und nachgefragt? :)
jan.gast

Beitrag von jan.gast »

Birgit hat geschrieben:Hast Du Ian mal eben angerufen und nachgefragt? :)
... ist ja schon lange zu vermuten, dass WC über eine direkte Infoquelle verfügt, die ja nun nicht zwingend IA selbst sein muss, es gibt ja noch andere, z.T. aus größerer Ferne anreisende Mitwirkende, die vielleicht schon mal einen Eintrag in ihrem Terminkalender machen durften...Und young master James gibt es auch noch.

Jedenfalls: good news, dies alles, hoffentlich wirds auch, denn Ankündigungen gab es schon viele (erinnert sei z.B. daran, alle paar Monate oder gar Wochen neues Material sozusagen häppchenweise online zugänglich machen zu wollen, vom Einstieg ins Medium der Bildplatte, die 1976 Gegenstand einer Verlautbarung war, mal gang abgesehen...)

JG
Antworten