Neues Album, März 2019, ca.

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Whistling Catfish
Re: Neues Album, März 2019, ca.

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

:* :wink:
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Whistling Catfish

Aha, die Robert Plant Geschichte hat aus seinem Munde vor einigen Jahren auch noch anders geklungen, wenn ich mich recht erinnere.

Und das Statement zum Erscheinen des neuen Albums.. :lol:
IA to Loudersound hat geschrieben: Ian Anderson denies rift with Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant
By Jerry Ewing (Prog) a day ago

Jethro Tull frontman Ian Anderson also confirms new solo release will be a "progressive rock concept album"

Ian Anderson has reflected on the supposed 'feud' between him and former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant. Jethro Tull toured with Led Zeppelin twice in the United States, and in a recent interview with Eamon O'Neill with the eonmusic website, Anderson poured scorn on the rumours that exist of a supposed rift.

"When people ask me about my 'feud' with Robert Plant, then they can expect a sharp retort, because there was never a feud between me and Robert Plant; it’s one of these absurd things that seems to come up," Anderson says.

"We rarely spoke, particularly to Robert, who was on a higher plane, as a vocalist, and as a person," he continues, reminiscing of the times Tull supported Led Zeppelin. "Jimmy Page was a little bit more friendly, but Bonham, you steered a mile away from, because he was a raving nutcase! He was always polite enough to me, but I probably just saw him on a rare good mood.

"I think to some extent, the stories of Led Zeppelin being hell raisers who barged their way across America, there is an absolute element of truth about it, but probably wildly exaggerated.

"I remember meeting Robert Plant, and he said; “I hope we can put that behind us”, and I said; “what?”, and he said, “whatever it as we are supposed to be feuding about”, and I said; “exactly!” We never had a feud, because we didn’t really communicate. Led Zeppelin were Led Zeppelin; they were rock gods, and we were the humble support act."

Anderson also discussed the progress on his new solo album, which is slated for release later this year.

"It’s another of those albums that is loosely defined as being ‘progressive rock’; it’s a thematic, conceptual album that has, I think, quite carefully considered lyrical references. But giving the game away saying; “well, this is what it’s about”, it rather takes the fun out of it for people who are going to look behind the lyrics and see what is the common thread."

He continued: "This interview might have concluded with me saying; “yeah, I’ve just finished the last mixes of the new album!”, but the reality is that yet again, I had January and February set aside for working to complete the new album, and that has just disappeared. So, I can confidently predict that sometime in the next 10 years, this album will be released!"
Quelle: https://www.loudersound.com/news/ian-an ... WhmKi2fUZs
Nightcap

Beitrag von Nightcap »

Der Thread heißt „Neues Album, März 2019, ca.“ und der erste Beitrag datiert vom Dezember 2017! Da hatte er (angeblich) schon neues Material aufgenommen.
Sein Timetable hat dieses Jahr glaube ich im Juni drei freie Wochen und dann erst wieder im Dezember... Zwischendrin nur kurze Pausen.
Ich schau dann 2022 nochmal vorbei :roll: :lol:
Life's a long song
But the tune ends too soon for us all
Whistling Catfish

Nightcap hat geschrieben: Mi Feb 26, 2020 7:27 pm Der Thread heißt „Neues Album, März 2019, ca.“ und der erste Beitrag datiert vom Dezember 2017! Da hatte er (angeblich) schon neues Material aufgenommen.
Sein Timetable hat dieses Jahr glaube ich im Juni drei freie Wochen und dann erst wieder im Dezember... Zwischendrin nur kurze Pausen.
Tja, er zieht es wohl tatsächlich vor, allein mit seinem gut 50 Jahre jüngeren, bis dato völlig unbekannten Gitarristen mit einem Talkshow Format (IA on JT) durch irgendwelche britischen Provinztheater zu tingeln. Scheint ihm wichtiger auf die alten Tage... :roll:

Man weiß wirklich nicht mehr, was man davon noch halten soll!
Whistling Catfish

Hier das gesamte Interview im Zusammenhang: https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/jethro-tull- ... hUI9hsz7_w
Unisono

Beitrag von Unisono »

das ist doch schon mal eine sehr konkrete Ankündigung:

"So, I can confidently predict that sometime in the next 10 years, this album will be released"
Birgit

Beitrag von Birgit »

Nightcap hat geschrieben: Mi Feb 26, 2020 7:27 pm Der Thread heißt „Neues Album, März 2019, ca.“ und der erste Beitrag datiert vom Dezember 2017! Da hatte er (angeblich) schon neues Material aufgenommen.
Tja, jetzt hat er ja Zeit. Vielleicht gibt das ja dann dieses Jahr doch noch was mit dem Album. :)
Nightcap

Beitrag von Nightcap »

Birgit hat geschrieben: Sa Mär 21, 2020 10:55 am Tja, jetzt hat er ja Zeit. Vielleicht gibt das ja dann dieses Jahr doch noch was mit dem Album. :)
Fast alle Termine April/ Mai mussten verlegt werden, die Tour "Ian Anderson on Jethro Tull" wurde sogar gänzlich abgesagt.
Bin gespannt, wie das alles noch weiter geht.
Da er die letzten Alben ja quasi im Home-Office aufgenommen hat, wäre jetzt in der Tat Gelegenheit dazu.
Auch bei Martin wurden übrigens alle Termine im April und Mai erstmal gecancelt.
Schöne Grüße an alle, gesendet aus dem Home-Office...
Life's a long song
But the tune ends too soon for us all
Rockjazzfolk

Beitrag von Rockjazzfolk »

Hallo...die Welt hat im Moment sicher andere Sorgen...dennoch, ich habe in der April-Ausgabe des Rockmagazins 'eclipsed' folgende Notiz gelesen:
Ian Anderson hat auch mit 72 keine Lust auf Ruhestand. Stattdessen werkelt der Gründer von Jethro Tull derzeit an einem Konzeptalbum, das noch im Laufe dieses Jahres erscheinen soll.
Schaumer mal.
HansJuergen

Beitrag von HansJuergen »

Aus dem Interview mit Ian im neuen A NEW Day:
Frage: So does the pandemic and the self-isolating mean you can’t finish your new album because it would mean having other people in your studio, or can you record parts individually and email them to each other?
Antwort: I’ve got seven tracks which the band have already played on. Four songs finished and mixed, three are band backing tracks - next for me to do. Five more for me to record alone for some additions by various band
members. I can certainly carry on with doing stuff to some extent, and we can do certain things by remote with those people who are tech-savvy enough to be able to do it, and swap WAV files and so on. But that wouldn’t include all the band, there are a couple who wouldn’t be able to work that way.

Konkret oder nicht konret - das ist hier die Frage ...
Antworten