IA: Up close and personal

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Whistling Catfish
IA: Up close and personal

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Ian Anderson is to make a series of visits for fan Q&A and meet-and-greets 🤝 in the next months.

“My way of saying thanks to the core fan base for their loyalty and support over the years. Due to the intimate nature of these gatherings, numbers have to be held at 100 and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

The initial event is in Gava, Spain where many Tull conventions have been held in the past. There are just a few places left for this gathering to be held on this coming May 22nd at 19.00. For more information, contact Albert Villanueva at avillan1@xtec.cat

Future events will, I hope, be in Italy, Netherlands, Czech Rep, Germany and the UK. As I have to fit these things in between touring and other commitments, it may be a bit last-minute, so forgive me if it doesn’t work for any hopeful attendees.

See you somewhere up close and personal. Ask me a really tricky Q&A question. Watch me squirm and wriggle my way out of it. One signature, one photo and one frantic rubbing of elbows!

Best, Ian Anderson”
Keine Ahnung was dahinter steckt!
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Jack Green

Re: IA: Up close and personal

Beitrag von Jack Green »

:D Erster Eindruck: Irgendwie creepy.
Whistling Catfish

Aus dem Spanischen (mit Google übersetzt):
Tullianos.com hat geschrieben:(...)
Anderson wird kommen, unsere Fragen beantworten, uns Dinge erklären, einige Songs mit Gitarre und Flöte spielen, uns zeigen, wie er die Songs komponiert, Bilder mit uns machen, Autogramme geben ... Können Sie sich das vorstellen? Und alles in einem kleinen Meeting mit 100 Leuten ... Was gesagt wurde: unvorstellbar, einzigartig, besonders!
Das Treffen findet am Mittwoch, 22. Mai, um 19.00 Uhr statt.
Der Ort wird der Casal American Lake in Gavà (Calle Castelldefels, 11) sein.

Wie bereits erwähnt, ist das Meeting nur für 100 Personen reserviert.

Die Organisation des Gesetzes bedeutet einen zusätzlichen Aufwand für den Verein, sowohl zeitlich als auch finanziell. Aber wir glauben, dass es eine Gelegenheit ist, Tullianos als eine atypische und besondere Vereinigung zu bezeichnen.

Wir haben die Tickets in drei Gruppen organisiert:
• 10 €: Partner, der mit der Zahlung der Gebühr auf dem neuesten Stand ist
• 20 €: Zusätzliches Ticket, das von einem Mitglied gekauft wurde, das mit der Zahlung der Gebühr auf dem neuesten Stand ist
• 30 €: Publikum oder Partner, der die Jahresgebühr nicht bezahlt hat
Ich halte das für eine schöne Idee. Im übrigen ist er z. Zt. NICHT auf Tour in Spanien (und spielt diesen Sommer nur ein Festival dort im August).
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

So klingt das schon anders. Das scheint mehr als nur „eine Frage, ein Autogramm, ein Foto“ zu sein. Nicht mehr so creepy.
Marengo

Beitrag von Marengo »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben: Do Mai 16, 2019 2:24 pm
Ich halte das für eine schöne Idee. Im übrigen ist er z. Zt. NICHT auf Tour in Spanien (und spielt diesen Sommer nur ein Festival dort im August).
Vielleicht ein Abschied auf Raten? Ich habe gestern Konzertdaten der dann 52nd Anniversary Tour für den März 2020 gesehen, d.h. ob es wirklich noch das halbherzig angekündigte neue Album geben wird, steht in den Sternen. Thank you and Good Night?
Whistling Catfish

Marengo hat geschrieben: Do Mai 16, 2019 6:50 pm Vielleicht ein Abschied auf Raten? (...) Thank you and Good Night?
Hm! Keine Ahnung! Wenn es so wäre, käme es jedenfalls nicht zu früh! :wink: Das muss man - bei allem Respekt und aller Verehrung - schon sagen dürfen! ;)
Unisono

Beitrag von Unisono »

Ein Bericht über das Ereignis in Spanien. Trotz (oder gerade wegen der) Untersützung vom Google-Übersetzer völlig unklar ...

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/ocio-y-c ... va-7470811
Whistling Catfish

Unisono hat geschrieben: Mo Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am Ein Bericht über das Ereignis in Spanien. Trotz (oder gerade wegen der) Untersützung vom Google-Übersetzer völlig unklar ...

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/ocio-y-c ... va-7470811
Die Google Übersetzung ins Englische ist durchaus lesbar:
El Periodico via Google Translator hat geschrieben: Jethro Tull fans gathered there are still rubbing their eyes: this Wednesday they were able to share a couple of hours in a small committee with the historical leader of the group, Ian Anderson, among endearing songs and acidic notes. What will motivate an old rock star to take a plane in the United Kingdom and move to Gavà to meet a hundred types (overwhelmingly male) who will not let you go without a photo and an autograph on a faded cover of elepé?

The founder and director of Tullianos, Club of Fans of Jethro Tull, Albert Villanueva, does not have the answer. But just a month ago he received an email from Ian Anderson, which, contradicting his rather elusive reputation, offered to offer a gentle face to face with the partners of this entity founded in 2003. The author of 'Aqualung' assumed all expenses, and there planted, with his flute, a small acoustic guitar and a selection of pre-recorded tracks, on the stage of the 'casal' American Lake, Gavà, a town converted into a place of pilgrimage of an ancient cult. Among the 'Tullianos', presence of the mayor, Raquel Sánchez

Ian Anderson practiced a kind of friendly discipline, a slightly martial severity offset by sarcastic notes. Assisted by a translator, he alternated autobiographical episodes with pieces of songs, beginning with the blues 'Someday the sun will not shine for you', from the group's first album, 'This was' (1968). He confessed that at that time he did not know how to put his fingers on the flute. "But we became a progressive rock band, wow!" He exclaimed with theatricality. "And that meant aligning with Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Genesis ... But Jethro Tull was always rougher, more rock. We were not such good musicians, but our sound was sharper, more 'close to the edge' ", he joked in reference to Yes's album.

Also his sense of humor is from another time: he gloated alluding to the former arranger and keyboardist of the band David Palmer, who consummated his desire to become a woman and is now called Dee Palmer. "He's playing with Martin Barre in the United States, and it's rumored that Martin is also going to change sex. I would be a great woman! " Territory slippery doubly: Barre, historical guitarist of the group, was excluded from the Jethro clan in 2012, after 44 years of relationship and without knowing why. None of the fans gathered dared to ask.

But Anderson did not fall into the egocentric caricature: he relativized his talents ("I do not know how to write music or have a musical education") and confessed that sometimes impatience had imposed itself on perfectionist zeal. "I try to record each song in two takes. I get bored very easily. " He has written more than 300 compositions, he said. "I'm satisfied with 100 of them; another 150 seem right to me, and there are 50 more than I do not want to talk about, "he said, finishing off with emphasis.

The present of Jethro Tull is a bit confusing, and the 'Tullians' did not waste time trying to clarify it. On its 50th anniversary, the 71-year-old leader uses brands such as Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson after assuring him that he was going to part with the group's name forever. They follow the reissues of the classics (the new one is the one of 'Stormwatch', of 1979, with remixes of Steven Wilson, exPorcupine Tree) and a disc is outlined by 2020. "But I do not make plans beyond two or three years. I have concerts closed until 2021. I know that sooner or later there will be bad news, but I hope to have fun in the decade ahead. "

Anderson extended there on his concerts in cathedrals in the United Kingdom, aimed at raising funds for his rehabilitation. Performances in which he has counted with guests such as the late Greg Lake, Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) and Marc Almond. Would he do it in Barcelona? "Oh, I do not think they ask me. It is not so easy to do that in Catholic countries, "he estimated (without taking into account the extensive concert curriculum of, for example, the Basilica of Santa Maria del Pi).

After a furious 'Locomotive breath' corresponded to tend a long line of fans who carried their relics, the did not lend to shake their hands. "My tradition is to give the elbow," he justified. Albert Villanueva, 'Tullian' older, breathed proud of the feat. There will be more: on July 6, Gavà will host its 16th Convention of Tullianos, and with another guest of honor: the purged Martin Barre with his band, on the tour that commemorates the 50th anniversary of his entry into Jethro Tull, a band , or a wake, that refuses to languish
Unisono

Beitrag von Unisono »

erstaunlich! (Oder hast Du nachgebessert?) Im Deutschen kam ein kompletter Unsinn heraus und 30 % des Textes blieben ohne Übersetzung
Whistling Catfish

Unisono hat geschrieben: Mo Jun 17, 2019 4:04 pm erstaunlich! (Oder hast Du nachgebessert?) Im Deutschen kam ein kompletter Unsinn heraus und 30 % des Textes blieben ohne Übersetzung
Nein, habe nicht nachgebessert! Aber Spanisch und Englisch gehören halt zu den meistgesprochenen Sprachen der Welt. Da liegt es nahe, dass so ein Tool in diese Richtung besser funktioniert! Nicht erst seitdem die Mexikaner Trumps Mauer bezahlen sollten...😉
Antworten