Moderator: King Heath

Laufi
Site Admin
2 neue Jethro Tull DVDs in 2007!?

Beitrag von Laufi »

Tach Gemeinde:

hier ist mal ne Meldung:

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/12/jet ... -2007.html

Von der ZDF Sache hatte ich schon mal gehört. Ich gehe davon aus, daß ein wesentliches Feature das 1982er Rockpop Konzert sein wird und die Playback-Auftritte zur Broadsword Tour, die man zum Teil ja hier schon bewundern konnte.

Jetzr kommt die Preisfrage an die alten Säcke: hat das ZDF gaaaanz früher schon mal Sachen über Tull gebracht? Können wir da irgendwas wirklich aufregendes erwarten?

Auf die Montreux DVD hatte ich schon spekuliert, da Claude Nobs ja sein Archiv geöffnet hat und derzeit massig Montreux DVDs veröffentlicht werden. Auch wenn sich das eigentlich ganz gut mit der LWTP DVD beissen müßte, das dürfte eine feine DVD werden. Bleibt zu hoffen, daß die auch den ersten Teil des Konzertes, der nicht im TV lief, veröffentlichen. Und nen Surround Sound will ich, bitte.

Was diese "Hitorical Documentary" angeht: ich hatte schon vor längerer Zeit jemandem geholfen, Liner Notes zu schreiben. Der gab vor, das wäre für eine DVD.

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Concert of Kings

Beitrag von Concert of Kings »

Hallo,

na das sind doch mal die besten Nachrichten seit langem! :D

Hoffentlich ist dann wenigstens die Montreux-DVD in 16:9 Bildformat.

Auf der offiziellen Tull-Seite ist man ja immerhin so aktuell, dass es heisst dass wieder Weihnachten vor der Tür steht und das Christmas Album angepriesen wird. Fast schon eine Frecheit, oder?

Viele Grüsse!
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

Her mit den DVDs! Kann man gar nicht genug von haben :wink:
Laufi
Site Admin
Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi:
Concert of Kings hat geschrieben:Hoffentlich ist dann wenigstens die Montreux-DVD in 16:9 Bildformat.
Da gehe ich fest von aus. Außerdem filmen die schon seit ein paar Jahren in High Definition, vielleicht gibt's dann also tatsächlich auch irgendwann mal ne amtliche JT Bluray oder HD-DVD (oder was auch immer). Die sind wohl seit jeher auf dem technisch neusten Stand gewesen und haben z.B. den Ton meist per Multitrack aufgenommen, was man entsprechend neu abmischen kann. Zumindest hat meine Mike Oldfield Montreux DVD von 1981 (!) einen Surround-Soundtrack. Kann man also hoffen, auch was den ersten Teil des Konzertes angeht, denn offensichtlich sind bei den bisher veröffentlichten Montreux Konzerten auch öfters nicht gesendete Sachen drauf. Dann noch ein paar Takes vom Soundcheck und keine Interviews während des Konzertes und ich bin glücklich. Musikalisch kann der Meister eigentlich nicht jammern, zumal er ja außerdem exakt keine Produktionskosten hat ;-).

cheers,

Laufi

Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Zuletzt geändert von Warchild am Mi Aug 27, 2008 12:50 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Whistling Catfish
Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Hey Ho,

in der Tat, das sind doch schöne Neuigkeiten. Gut, diese Playbacksachen (wenn es denn die sein sollen) sind m. E. nicht der Weisheit letzter Schluß für ein Release....aber so what!
There's also talk about a Tull historical documentary, but that's still a while off.
Das riecht ja förmlich nach 40th anniversary, oder nicht?

Wie auch immer.....ich freue mich zunächst mal sehr auf die Livegeschichten aus'm ZDF und Montreaux!

Es geht noch was, Freunde...... :wink: , 2007 wird ein tolles Jahr, irgendwie hab' ich das im Gefühl...... :wink: :lol:

Viele Grüße,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
damFlarden

Beitrag von damFlarden »

Well, sorry not to talk German here, it has become a bit rusty, but if anyone feels up to it... we kunnen altijd nog in het Nederlands praten.
back to the topic, I remember the German television paying attention to Tull and broadcasting concerts over the years. Suppose they have a nice pile of video, I remember SW and BATB concerts being broadcasted (partly) "live". Ian has always had a special relationship with Germany, and the German broadcasters, and of course the fans. It wouldn't be surprised me if something good came out of this.
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Ian has always had a special relationship with Germany
Ja, daar moeten wij Nederlanders jaloers op zijn!

But it is not friendly to speak in your own language in company of Auslander. So we should keep it in English because of all the Germans here.

I'm curious about those DVD's; anyone some more information?
Life Is A Long Song
Laufi
Site Admin
Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi there:
damFlarden hat geschrieben:Well, sorry not to talk German here, it has become a bit rusty, but if anyone feels up to it... we kunnen altijd nog in het Nederlands praten.
I'd understand nederlands a bit (while I can't write, but can order beer, fritjes and cheese ...), but english is fine ;-)
back to the topic, I remember the German television paying attention to Tull and broadcasting concerts over the years.
Yes, there always has been Jethro Tull stuff on german television over the years. What (and if) will be released will probably basically be the 1982 Rockpop stuff with maybe some bonus tracks. Good enough, but there must be great stuff from about 1969 in the vaults of other stations ... THAT would be the stuff I'd like to see!

groeten uit Keulen,

Laufi

Carsten
Beitrag von Carsten »

Laufi hat geschrieben:Good enough, but there must be great stuff from about 1969 in the vaults of other stations ... THAT would be the stuff I'd like to see
Laufi
Oh yes, I'm waiting for that 1969 film to be broadcasted again or released since more than 30 years, because I became a fan after I have watched the first broadcast in 1969. It was just fantastic. Little snippets appeared later on TV (Interview with Ian, Ian's parents, some concert footage), but where is the whole thing? As I remember the running-time was something between 40 and 60 minutes.

Carsten
damFlarden

Beitrag von damFlarden »

I remember watching a show quite late in the evening, with Peter Vetesse, so I suppose that was the BATB tour. During those days I wasn't able to connect a recording device (cassette) to the television, so I put a (very low budget) microphone in front of a speaker. Listening back afterwards, it only recorded my hand drumming on the couch, together with some really horrible singing along. I sure hope this is not the recording that will be used!
Anyway, greetings from The Netherlands, and have a happy new year!
strange avenue

Beitrag von strange avenue »

Sorry, I haven’t re-checked this, but didn’t they play a considerably longer set than what got eventually aired (about 45mins)?? Seems to me as if there were some cuts and splices, plus, the actual sequence of songs (in the transmission) didn’t correspond to their regular 1982 setlist, the TV broadcast cuts right in at the beginning of Hard Times, etc., etc. The BIG QUESTION (again) is: Did they film the concert in its entiry…. and what about the RockPop appearances in 1978 /1980??

And, yes, I also have the fondest of memories of the original 1969 airing-date of the Jethro Tull home-story (ha!ha!), right between Heinz Schenk and Henry Vahl. Didn’T someone have their little 8mm cameras rolling in front of their tiny black-and-white sets then?
damFlarden hat geschrieben:I remember watching a show quite late in the evening, with Peter Vetesse, so I suppose that was the BATB tour. During those days I wasn't able to connect a recording device (cassette) to the television, so I put a (very low budget) microphone in front of a speaker. Listening back afterwards, it only recorded my hand drumming on the couch, together with some really horrible singing along. I sure hope this is not the recording that will be used!
I like this one! I used to record the audio portion of “Musikladen” from Colorette TV to ORWO mono tape, must have Robin Gibb with ‘Secret Agent’ somewhere, anyone up for a trade? ;)

Anyway, a happy new year to everybody, the crowd and the re-master master (and the King…the Fish…&….sorry for being completely drunk, hupp!

strange avenue
Bild
|_______|_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

and what about the RockPop appearances in 1978 /1980?
Which concerts were filmed for RockPop? I don't know about this...
Did they film the concert in its entiry
Well, I think yes, but isn't the broadcast the entire setlist? Was it a normal show or a festivalshow? I hope you're right and the setlist will be something like this:

Clasp, Hunting Girl, Fallen On Hard Times, Pussy Willow, Broadsword, Jack-In-The-Green, Seal Driver, Heavy Horses, Weathercock/Fire At Midnight/Flute Solo/Keyboard w. Drums/Sweet Dream, Songs From The Wood, Watching Me Watching You, The Swirling Pit, Pibroch (Cap In Hand), Beastie, Too Old To Rock'N'Roll..., Aqualung, Minstrel In The Gallery, Locomotive Breath, Cheerio
Life Is A Long Song
Danjêl

Beitrag von Danjêl »

Ich hoffe, die Setlist wird in etwa so aussehen:
Passion Play excerpt - Thick as a Brick - Hunting Girl - Something's on the Move - Pussy Willow - Beasty - Minstrel in the Gallery - Baker Street Muse - Too Old to Rock'n'Roll - Cross-Eyed Mary - Wind Up - Aqualung - Locomotive Breath

...naja, man wird ja noch träumen dürfen :P :P :P
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

The first DVD is already mentioned on some musicstore-websites! The title is Live At Montreux 2003 (as almost all Montreux DVD's from various artists). It will be released by PIAS.
Life Is A Long Song
Antworten