The Red Hot Chili Peppers 2006

Laß Dich über alles mögliche aus ...

Moderator: King Heath

Whistler

The Red Hot Chili Peppers 2006

Beitrag von Whistler »

My favorite band (after Tull, of course :wink:), Red Hot Chili Peppers announced 2CDs of the new music, to be released in May this year. The title is "Stadium Arcadium". I can't wait! Anybody being much into RHCP here? :)
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Zuletzt geändert von Warchild am Do Aug 28, 2008 2:02 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Laufi
Site Admin
Beitrag von Laufi »

ME!

The Peppers are a fantastic band and they're surely in my Top 10 ever. I think that BSSM is a century masterpiece and -of course- I can't await the new album, too ;-).

Cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Ulla
Re: The Red Hot Chili Peppers 2006

Beitrag von Ulla »

Whistler hat geschrieben:Anybody being much into RHCP here? :)
Yes, Mr. Bunker listens to their music in the car. VERY LOUD! So he will be very happy to buy the new album.
Meet On The Ledge
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Well, I'm not really a fan of the Peppers, but I can appreciate their music. This summer I go to the Pinkpop Festival, and the Peppers are headlining the last day, so I will hear their new stuff live by then!
Life Is A Long Song
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Ulla hat geschrieben:Mr. Bunker listens to their music in the car. VERY LOUD! So he will be very happy to buy the new album.
Would be a pleasure to drive with him :-) I remember that Peggy didn't like my RHCP/Prince/Living Colour mixtapes - It was a pleasure to torture him :-)

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Whistler

Beitrag von Whistler »

Ulla hat geschrieben:Yes, Mr. Bunker listens to their music in the car. VERY LOUD! So he will be very happy to buy the new album.
So we have another Tull-RHCP link! Thanks for this fine information, Ulla :) There are pretty much of them:

- Back in the very early days of RHCP, they had a guy of name Jack Sherman on guitar. He collaborated with Glen Cornick in seventies.

- James Duncan is fan of RHCP and he took his dad to theirs concert in London Hyde Park, summer '04 (later partly released on official 2CD live album). They met up with John Frusciance after gig and he told Ian that acoustic guitar from "Thick As A Brick" influenced him to write one of his tunes.

- "Carbon" from "By The Way" album was influenced by acoustic songs from "Aqualung".

- Martin Barre's children used to listen to RHCP.

- "Breaking The Girl" from "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" record sounds bit tullish to me, because of flutes used in background :wink:

- IA is a famous lover of hot chili peppers :lol:

Two so completely different bands meets up at some points 8)

Cheers,

Lukas Was
Whistler

Beitrag von Whistler »

Laufi hat geschrieben:I think that BSSM is a century masterpiece and -of course- I can't await the new album, too ;-).
As much as I love "Give It Away", "Under The Bridge" and "Breaking The Girl", I have to say that "Roots To Branches" album is better! For me it's number One of Nineties :)
Whistler

Re: ...

Beitrag von Whistler »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:Well, I'm not really a fan of the Peppers, but I can appreciate their music. This summer I go to the Pinkpop Festival, and the Peppers are headlining the last day, so I will hear their new stuff live by then!
Oh you lucky bastard! :wink: Sadly, they still ignore polish fans... RHCP is the only band, besides Tull, for which I would travel to other city to see concert.
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

RHCP are great. I'm looking forward to the new record. But I didn't know that it comes out so soon, thanks for the info!
Ulla

Beitrag von Ulla »

Whistler hat geschrieben:
So we have another Tull-RHCP link! There are pretty much of them:
And another information:
years ago Clive Bunker did a workshop with RHCP´s drummer (What´s his name?).
Meet On The Ledge
Whistler

Beitrag von Whistler »

Ulla hat geschrieben:And another information:
years ago Clive Bunker did a workshop with RHCP´s drummer (What´s his name?).
Wow! :shock: His name is Chad Smith. Now it seems that RHCP should be placed in "Jethro Tull Related Bands" section of this forum ;)
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Now it seems that RHCP should be placed in "Jethro Tull Related Bands" section of this forum
Hey, Lucas, that's going fast by you! 8)
Life Is A Long Song
Whistler

Re: ...

Beitrag von Whistler »

Hey, look what I've found to support Ulla's information! :D It's not from "years ago", but from 2005, though ;)

Bild
Ex-Tull's Clive Bunker meets RHCP's Chad Smith

Source: http://www.sabian.com/sabiantalk/forum/ ... erthread=y
Ulla
Beitrag von Ulla »

Thank you very much, Lukas.
A really nice photo and Clive will be pleased to see it tomorrow.
Meet On The Ledge
Antworten