Nachrufe (oder "The Great Gig In The Sky")

Laß Dich über alles mögliche aus ...

Moderator: King Heath

Laufi
Site Admin
Re: Nachrufe (oder "The Great Gig In The Sky")

Beitrag von Laufi »

Neil Peart (Rush), 12. September 1952 - 7. Januar 2020

Drummer der Drummer, Übertrommler - in den Konzerten ganze Heerscharen von Luftschlagzeugern, teilweise mit reingeschmuggelten Drumsticks. Top Texter und ein unfassbar netter Typ.

Ich kann mich an einen sehr feinen Abend bei mir im Wohnzimmer erinnern, an dem Clive, Ulla und ich wohl jedes auf DVD und Bluray verfügbare Neil Peart Drum Solo bei nem guten Wein geschaut haben und Clive erzählt hat, wie er beim Soundcheck mal auf Neils (ca. 185teiligen) Drumkit gespielt hatte, sich dann fragte, wie er eigentlich an die Trommeln hinter sich kommt. Neil gab dem Roadie ein Zeichen und das Set hat sich gedreht.

Wolfgang Dauner, 300. Dezember 1935 - 10. Januar 2020, Jazz Pianist

Habe ich 1988/89 mal live mit Dino Saluzzi und Charlie Mariano gesehen. "Drachenburg" hat mich geflasht, das war quasi mein "Einstieg" in den Jazz_ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMcwnQSCQ8
Hier liegt noch einiges an United Jazz & Rock Ensemble Platten rum, die noch entdeckt werden müssen.
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Dietmar

Beitrag von Dietmar »

Laufi hat geschrieben: Fr Jan 10, 2020 11:39 pm Neil Peart (Rush), 12. September 1952 - 7. Januar 2020

Drummer der Drummer, Übertrommler - in den Konzerten ganze Heerscharen von Luftschlagzeugern, teilweise mit reingeschmuggelten Drumsticks. Top Texter und ein unfassbar netter Typ.
:cry:

Hab' Rush leider nur einmal live gesehen 2004 auf Ihrer "30th Anniversary Tour" in Hamburg. Großartige Band, in den letzten Jahren sind bei mir immer mehr Alben aus dem Katalog im CD-Regal gelandet.

Hatte ehrlich gesagt keine Ahnung dass der Rückzug von Pearl 2015 krankheitsbedingt war und irgendwie immer noch die Hoffnung, dass die Band noch mal zurückkommt..... :(
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Dietmar hat geschrieben: Sa Jan 11, 2020 8:46 am Hatte ehrlich gesagt keine Ahnung dass der Rückzug von Pearl 2015 krankheitsbedingt war und irgendwie immer noch die Hoffnung, dass die Band noch mal zurückkommt..... :(
Dass der Rückzug krankheitsbedingt war, wurde sogar offen kommuniziert. Neil hat schlicht Schmerzen beim Trommeln gehabt, er war ja tatsächlich ein sehr physischer Schlagzeuger. Ob der Krebs damals schon ein Thema war, weiß ich nicht.

Whistling Catfish

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

This one hurts:

Dave Greenfield (The Stranglers) 29.03.1949 - 03.05.2020

Fly straight, Dave! With perfection! :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://youtu.be/1EXMXuJ3ivg
David Paul Greenfield (29/03/49-03/05/20)

We are deeply and profoundly saddened to announce the untimely passing of keyboard legend Dave Greenfield on the evening of 3rd May 2020. Following a stay in hospital for heart problems, Dave tested positive for the Covid-19 virus last Sunday but he sadly lost his battle last night. Dave had been an ever present in the band since joining in late 1975 and his keyboard wizardry was world-renowned over his 45 year career in The Stranglers. Dave was a lovable, friendly and eccentric character who always had time to chat.

We have received the following tributes from Dave's fellow band members JJ, Jet and Baz as well as Sil the band's manager:

“On the evening of Sunday May 3rd my great friend and longstanding colleague of 45 years, the musical genius that was Dave Greenfield, passed away as one of the victims of the Great Pandemic of 2020. All of us in the worldwide Stranglers’ family grieve and send our sincerest condolences to Pam.” - JJ Burnel

“We have just lost a dear friend and music genius, and so has the whole world. Dave was a complete natural in music. Together, we toured the globe endlessly and it was clear he was adored by millions. A huge talent, a great loss, he is dearly missed.” - Jet Black

“We lost a true innovator, musical legend, and one of my dearest friends today. The word genius is bandied around far too easily in this day and age, but Dave Greenfield certainly was one. We stood together on the same side of the stage for 20 years, laughed, joked and shared our lives in the way that only band mates can. I'll miss him forever. Our thoughts and hearts are with his wife Pam, and to the millions of fans who worshipped at his altar, he'll never be equalled.” - Baz Warne

“We are all in shock, Dave was a kind, generous soul who had time for anyone and everyone and it has been my privilege to have known him as both a close friend, his tech and manager for over 40 years. Our thoughts are with Pam at this sad time” - Sil Willcox

He is survived by his wife Pam and we ask you to respect Pam's privacy at this very sad time.

Fly straight Mr G, fond adieu xx

Please leave any messages of condolences below and we will pass them on....
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Whistling Catfish

Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Ich bin mit Kraftwerk tatsächlich nie ganz warm geworden - ich hab die ersten LPs, als das also teils noch mit „richtigen“ Instrumenten abging, da ist das ein oder andere dabei, das mich wirklich fasziniert.

Nach ein wenig Horizonterweiterung über die Jahre ist mir der Einfluss und die Pioniertat der Band aber sehr bewusst, insofern ist das wirklich ein derber Verlust.

Whistling Catfish

Legendensterben in vollem Schwung: Little Richard.

https://m.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/po ... 62004.html
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Roy Horn (Siegfried & Roy), da gibt es sogar eine JT Connection .... einen nahen Verwandten von Siegfried, der großer JT Fan ist (hier potentiell mitliest) und mir anno 1999 sogar eine persönliche Widmung geschickt hat.

Whistling Catfish

Laufi hat geschrieben: Sa Mai 09, 2020 9:31 pm Roy Horn (Siegfried & Roy), da gibt es sogar eine JT Connection .... einen nahen Verwandten von Siegfried, der großer JT Fan ist (hier potentiell mitliest) und mir anno 1999 sogar eine persönliche Widmung geschickt hat.
Ich hab‘ mal in Siegfried‘s ehemaligem Kinderzimmer übernachten dürfen....inkl. zünftigem Weisswurscht und Weissbierfrühstück! Happy memories!
Whistling Catfish

Der legendäre und unvergleichliche Ennio Morricone.
https://www.dw.com/de/legende-der-filmm ... a-46081620
Whistling Catfish

Tribute to Judy Dyble

13th February 1949 – 12th July 2020

12th July 2020: It is with great sadness that we announce that English singer-songwriter Judy Dyble passed away on 12th July 2020 following a long illness borne with great courage.
Judy Dyble was one of the pioneers of the English folk rock scene in the 1960s, most notably as a founding member of Fairport Convention and vocalist with cult band Trader Horne.
Judy largely withdrew from the music scene in the early 1970s to concentrate on her family before being invited back to the Fairport fold in 1997 for the 30th anniversary reunion at Cropredy. To Judy’s great relief, her worries, ahead of the event, disappeared as ‘suddenly the years fell away.’ Further Fairport anniversary appearances reassured Judy and showed that her passion for music had remained through the years and she made three albums with Marc Swordfish, of Astralasia, as she began a revival of her music career.
This included numerous guest appearances on albums by a host of artists including, in 2017, Big Big Train. Judy went on to form a close working relationship with Big Big Train’s multi-instrumentalist frontman David Longdon. Together they will release their album Between A Breath And A Breath on 25th September 2020, with Longdon providing the music for Judy’s poignant lyrics.

Two songs from the Dyble Longdon sessions which are not included on the album, Crossbones and The Daguerreotype, will be released by English Electric in the autumn subsequent to the release of Between A Breath And A Breath as a tribute to Judy Dyble via Bandcamp.
The lyrics for Judy’s final collection of songs are, at times, haunting and beautifully fragile, dark in tone but neither morbid nor desperate. Specifically, The Daguerreotype looks at how the Victorians dealt with death, turning it into an art form.
In accordance with Judy’s request, Crossbones and The Daguerreotype will be made available as free downloads, with listeners being encouraged to make a donation to Judy’s chosen charity, the Barley Greyhound Sanctuary (www.barleykennels.co.uk/) if they wish.
David Longdon says: “It is with great sadness that I write to say that my dear friend Judy Dyble passed away this morning. Judy and I became friends during the writing and making of this album. Along the way, there was much laughter and joy - but also challenging moments. She was a woman of a certain age and she wrote articulately and unflinchingly about the autumn phase of her life.”
“She dealt with her illness with incredible courage and fortitude. She suspected this album was her swan song and she gave it her all. Judy reassured me that she’d had a great life. Which indeed she did. And I will miss her greatly.”
We wish to express our deepest sympathies to Judy’s family, friends and many associates from her musical career at this time.
Judy’s family would like to thank her fans for their messages and good wishes on social media over the last few weeks, but at this time ask that they avoid contacting them for now as they would just like some quiet time.

Further enquiries should be sent to Nick Shilton @ Kingmaker Management
nick@kingmakermgmt.com
OR
sharon@thepublicityconnection.com
(020) 8450 8882
facebook: @thepublicityconnection
Twitter: @PRConnect
Whistling Catfish

The New York Times über Fairport’s erste Sängerin.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.nytimes ... d.amp.html
HansJuergen

Beitrag von HansJuergen »

Ja, das ist wirklich sehr traurig!
Hier ein (leider nur sehr kurzer) Nachruf von Ian mit Link zu seiner wunderschönen Interpretation von "Man of the World":
http://jethrotull.com/petergreen/
Whistling Catfish

Marengo hat geschrieben: Sa Jul 25, 2020 7:13 pm Peter Green:-(

https://www.msn.com/de-de/unterhaltung/ ... d=msedgdhp
Auch wenn ich mich hier als kompletter Ignoramus oute:

Ich glaubte seit gut 25 Jahren der wäre tot! :shock:

Ich hatte mir seinerzeit das ‘Tribute to Peter Green’ angeschafft (95? 96?) und bin seither davon ausgegangen......

Oh dear, oh dear.... :shock: :? :shock: :?
Antworten