Tallis CD / The Waters Edge

Diskussion über D. Palmers Aktivitäten. / Discussion about D. Palmers activities.

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Whistling Catfish
Tallis CD / The Waters Edge

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Für diejenigen, die es noch nicht mitbekommen haben:
1F4B7751-4619-4AC0-87B6-1CC22B1510EC.png
1F4B7751-4619-4AC0-87B6-1CC22B1510EC.png (346.89 KiB) 19239 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von Whistling Catfish am So Okt 18, 2020 11:51 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
folkfreak

Re: Tallis CD

Beitrag von folkfreak »

hat irgend jemand, der sich da hat registrieren lassen bereits eine Antwort bekommen ?
Pachinko

Beitrag von Pachinko »

folkfreak hat geschrieben:hat irgend jemand, der sich da hat registrieren lassen bereits eine Antwort bekommen ?
Der "Anmeldeschluss" ist wohl verlängert worden. Seitdem habe ich aber auch nichts mehr gehört.
Habe die Befürchtung die Sache scheint mangels ausreichendem Interesse im Sande zu verlaufen.
Wäre Schade.
Unisono

Beitrag von Unisono »

noch als Hintergrundinformation
https://missdeepalmer.com/tallis/
Whistling Catfish
Re: Tallis CD / The Waters Edge

„Dave Rees“ hat geschrieben: It’s coming!... TALLIS “In Alia Musica Spero”, the ‘lost’ album from Tallis, the band formed during the break-up of 1980’s Tull, by Dee Palmer, John Evans and David Bristow, with Barrie Barlow and John Glascock.
A NEW DAY and The JT GROUP are absolutely THRILLED to be able to bring you this long-lost gem, for two reasons. Firstly, obviously, because it is not only a truly legendary and historically important recording in “Tull-lore”, but, just as importantly, this is to raise funds for yet another monumental project. Dee Palmer – with a little help from her good friend Ian Anderson – is planning to record, at last, a fully orchestrated version of The Water’s Edge, the ballet score originally written for the Royal Scottish Ballet by Dee, Ian and Martin Barre. All profits from the sales of the Tallis CD will go towards funding that recording.
Signed CDs will be available, and if you order within 2 weeks you can get your name listed in the “Thank You” credits in the sleeve notes.
Available for pre-order NOW at www.anewdaymerchandise.com/apps/webstore/
Whistling Catfish

Update:
A New Day Magazine hat geschrieben:The Water's Edge - update.
Back in the late 70's, Dee Palmer and Ian Anderson, with contributions from Martin Barre, composed a suite for The Scottish Ballet, which was performed only a handful of times, and never recorded. We are thrilled to announce that 44 years later, we are about to put that right! Dee has arranged to record The Water's Edge, with additional material, in April, with a view to having everything in place for an album release this summer. As soon as recording is complete you will have a chance to pre-order - full details on this page ASAP. This has only been possible due to the sales of the TALLIS CD, In Alia Musica Spero. Recorded 1979-1981 by Jethro Tull keyboardists Dee Palmer and John Evans with David Bristow, with guest musicians John Glascock and Barrie Barlow from Tull, Robert Foster (Gryphon), Gordon Giltrap, Bill Worrell and Mickey Barker (Magnum). All proceeds from the CD sales have gone towards the cost of The Water's Edge project. There are just a few CDs left, and it will not be re-pressed - if you don't want to miss out, you can order at www.anewdaymerchandise.com/apps/webstore
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben: Mi Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm Update:
Ja, das ist definitiv eine tolle Nachricht!
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Antworten