Acoustic gigs

Hier kommen alle JT Konzertberichte, Stories, etc. rein / JT concert reviews, stories, etc.

Moderator: King Heath

Whistling Catfish
Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Hi,

hier gibts ein paar schöne Fotos der Freitagsshow aus Tilburg:

http://milly.hoogbegaaft.nl/JethroTull/index.htm

Viele Grüße,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Concert of Kings

Beitrag von Concert of Kings »

@ Whistling Catfish:

extrem schöne Fotos - Vielen Dank!
King Heath

Beitrag von King Heath »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben: hier gibts ein paar schöne Fotos der Freitagsshow aus Tilburg:
Aber sie sehen leider überhaupt gar nicht nach Jethro Tull aus. Schön, der Ändersn is da und der Martin Bär auch, aber sonst nur Rentner und 'ne Tussi, die ick nüsch kenn.

Ich will nicht mosern um des Moserns willen, aber ich finde die Bilder wirklich nicht tullig. Aber ich bin wohl nur zu kleinlich.

Kleinlich Heath
Whistling Catfish

King Heath hat geschrieben:
Aber sie sehen leider überhaupt gar nicht nach Jethro Tull aus. Schön, der Ändersn is da und der Martin Bär auch, aber sonst nur Rentner und 'ne Tussi, die ick nüsch kenn.

Ich will nicht mosern um des Moserns willen, aber ich finde die Bilder wirklich nicht tullig. Aber ich bin wohl nur zu kleinlich.

Kleinlich Heath
Das ist dann wohl "Ansichtssache"....und zwar im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes, gelle?

Auch wenn es auf den ersten Blick vielleicht nicht "tullig" aussieht, so hat es sich doch sehr danach angehört....und zwar auch im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes.

Untertänigst,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
strange avenue

Beitrag von strange avenue »

King Heath hat geschrieben:

Kleinlich Heath
Doch, der Bengel am Schlagzeug hat doch tatsächlich 'nen Vollbart - sieht im Profil fast'n bissl aus wie Daddy 1976, hihi!

Bist bald,
strange avenue
Bild
|_______|_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Maybe interesting first paragraph?

Jethro Tull
013, Tilburg, Holland

2006-11-23

At first it was rumoured Ian Anderson would be all by himself. A week or so later the news said that Ian would be accompanied by a female violin player. Two weeks later and all of Jethro Tull would be coming over only to deliver an unplugged set and augmented with the aforementioned violin player. Come the night only to reveal that Ian Anderson only brought the wonderful Martin Barre from his Jethro vaults together with the lovely Ann Marie Calhoun as well as John O’Hara on keyboards, James Duncan on drums and David Goudier on bass. Soundcheck kept on going on and on which in the end was explained by Ian. ‘We are recording tonight for a release as a live album’, he said. Only a couple of months later his website reveals that some of these recordings might be used as bonustracks for the planned “Best of acoustic Jethro Tull” album which EMI has pencilled in for a march 2007 release.

Ian Anderson still is thé man in the spotlight whether it’s his great skills as a musician, his vocal timbre, his wit, his charm, his compositions. For most of the people in the audience it’s a combination of all these elements which still rockets him on top of everybody’s lists. Anderson, who will become sixty on 10th august, still acts very boyish on stage as we could see how he ‘played’ with the much younger Ann Marie Calhoun adding a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour along the way. Once he entered the stage Ian told us that there would be two one hour slots interspersed by a fifteen minute break. Maybe this break kind of is needed for the odd wee and to regain consciousness after yet another string of speedy flute intervals ?

The set contained a nice combination of unknown songs together with well known tunes yet re-arranged for the occasion as was ‘Skating away’. ‘Bourée’, a 300-year old ditty from Bach still doing it as did ‘Moz’art’, a nice little play with words … and music. ‘Thick as a brick’, ‘Dun Rungill’, ‘Salamander’, ‘Jack a Lynn’, ‘Living in the past’, ‘Life is a long song’, the audience had a blast ! During Leonard Bernstein’s ‘America’ Anderson referred to The Nice whilst the instrumental ‘Bluegrass in the backwoods’ was a little bit of humour courtesy of the lovely Ann Marie Calhoun whom from a distance does slightly remind us of Vanessa Mae. Then it was time for ‘King Henry’s madrigal’, ‘Aqualung’, ‘Fat man’, ‘My god’, ‘Budapest’ and yet another superb ‘Locomotive breath’ as a well deserved encore. ‘Sefika’s tango’, ‘Griminelli’s lament’ and Calhoun’s composition ‘Runty’ all added to the pleasure of an intimate evening with Ian Anderson and Martin Barre. Barre even surprised us with his own composition ‘Spanish tears’ whilst also playing some … flute ! Not one boring second and not only a joy to hear but apparently a joy to play as well as could be seen from the happy faces on stage. An evening which undoubtedly could please fans old and new and in a way become an ideal outing for the entire family. Jethro Tull at Butlin’s anyone ?

John 'Bo Bo' Bollenberg
Released : 2006-11-23
Life Is A Long Song
Whistling Catfish

Hi,

ich war gerade mal in Vorbereitung auf unseren diesjährigen Cropredy Trip seit langem mal wieder auf dem TalkAwhile Board. Und siehe da, auch die Folkies und Fairporters wussten die Acoustic Tull Tour zu schätzen. Insbesondere der gute Martin Driver, mit dem ich schon manche wirklich interessante und auch feucht-fröhliche Diskussion über Tull "ausgefochten" habe.... :wink:

Hier also zwei schöne Beispiele der Stimme der "Eingeborenen"... :wink:
Adam hat geschrieben:Saw them at Salisbury last night - fantastic! I'd nearly given up on Tull shows after some ropey performances in the late 90's, but this was right on the mark. Great set list (including an awesome Beside Myself and the haunting Dun Ringel) and a very enthusiastic crowd (standing ovation at the end). I thought Ian's voice was in fine fettle (again, much better than late 90's), faith is restored and looking forward to the next record...however, I wouldn't bill it as acoustic - pretty electric to my ears!

Cheers

Adam
oder auch die des einigen hier Anwesenden Usern sehr gut bekannten Martin Driver:
Martin Driver hat geschrieben: In full agreement with Adam, absolutely spot on, the full house at Salisbury City Hall last night were royally entertained by Messrs Anderson & Barre who in turn were ably supported by John O'Hara on piano accordian and organ, David Goodier on acoustic and electric bass, James Duncan on drums & percussion, plus the very petite and gorgeous Anna Phoebe on violin. www.annaphoebe.com

The latest concert on the Jethro Tull 2007 World tour contained many excellent new arrangements that happily sit more comfortably with Ian's voice. Ian seemed to be enjoying himself, exchanging plenty of entertaining banter with the audience between songs. It was a great peformance and the band received a richly deserved standing ovation at the end.
If you live any where near Derby, York or Middlesboro, can get your hands on a spare ticket, do get yourselves along to see them. Highly recommended.

Last night in the bar I met five lovely American ladies from New York and Philidelphia who told me they are also going to the gigs in Derby, York & Middlesboro, so if you see them, say hello.

I enjoyed a couple of pints of Guiness and a chat with my friend Joerg Paul Neumann from the German JT fan club "Beggars Farm" he is also going to the gigs in Derby and York.
Also met another old friend Michael from Germany, a real hard core JT fanatic who as always, is following the tour all over the UK in his VW going to every gig. If you spot Paul buy him a pint, if you meet Michael, direct him to the nearest/cheapest filling station.
Quelle: http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/inde ... c=21506.15

Ach ja.....während andere bei dem Gedanken an 1975 o. 1991 wehmütig werden, brauche ich für mich gar nicht solange zurückzublicken.....lediglich 3 Wochen... :lol:

Aber in sechs Wochen geht's ja weiter. Wir sehen uns dort..... :wink:

Viele Grüße,
J
Nicht der Ian

Beitrag von Nicht der Ian »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:Ach ja.....während andere bei dem Gedanken an 1975 o. 1991 wehmütig werden, brauche ich für mich gar nicht solange zurückzublicken.....lediglich 3 Wochen... :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Thomas G

Beitrag von Thomas G »

Nicht der Ian hat geschrieben: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:?: :?: :?:
Nicht der Ian

Thomas G hat geschrieben:
:P :P :P :P
jan.gast

Beitrag von jan.gast »

Nicht der Ian hat geschrieben:
Thomas G hat geschrieben:
... könnte man das Forum von derartigen ›Beiträgen‹ freihalten?

JG
Nicht der Ian

jan.gast hat geschrieben:
Nicht der Ian hat geschrieben:
Thomas G hat geschrieben: :?: :?: :?:
... könnte man das Forum von derartigen ›Beiträgen‹ freihalten?

JG
Das kann man nur im Kontext diese Boards verstehen! 1975
Thomas G

Beitrag von Thomas G »

Also der Nichtian hat angefangen, ich wollte ihn dann mit meinen parodierenden Fragezeichen bewegen, die mir unklare Bedeutung seines wortlosen Beitrags noch mal verbal zu präzisieren, hat leider nicht funktioniert. (-;

Aber nach dem nochmaligen Hinweis auf die hier im Board inzwischen symbolisch verwendete Zahl 1975 dämmert es mir halbwegs. Hoffe ich.
Dietmar

Beitrag von Dietmar »

In Sachen Dämmerung ist dieses Board ganz groß.... :P
Nicht der Ian

Thomas G hat geschrieben:Aber nach dem nochmaligen Hinweis auf die hier im Board inzwischen symbolisch verwendete Zahl 1975 dämmert es mir halbwegs. Hoffe ich.
Jau, die Götterdämmerung! Früher war das Gras beim einen grüner, beim anderen später.
Antworten