"Swing It Far" - The real Gerald Bostock

Postet und diskutiert hier (allgemeine) Pressartikel / discuss press articles here

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Whistling Catfish
"Swing It Far" - The real Gerald Bostock

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

"Fired after joining a gay softball league, Gerald Bostock wins landmark Supreme Court case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... jDTze0T_pA
WaPo hat geschrieben:It was more than seven years ago when Gerald Bostock joined the gay recreational softball league.

The decision to play in the Hotlanta Softball League would cost him his job in the child welfare services department for Clayton County, Ga., he said. It would leave him without health insurance as he recovered from prostate cancer. And it would launch him on a years-long legal fight that culminated in a landmark ruling Monday from the Supreme Court.

Bostock sat in the den of his Atlanta home as he read the high court’s decision making clear what he and many other Americans believed to be true: LGBTQ employees cannot, under federal law, be fired simply because of their sexuality or gender identity.

“The long, seven-year journey I’ve had, it’s well worth every ache and pain,” Bostock said. “I didn’t ask for this, but it needed to be done.”
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Antworten