Jethro Tull's Arcitc Concert 2009

Hier kommen alle JT Konzertberichte, Stories, etc. rein / JT concert reviews, stories, etc.

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Trainspotter

Jethro Tull's Arcitc Concert 2009

Beitrag von Trainspotter »

June 6 Jethro Tull did, for the first time, play north of the Arctic Circle, in Bodø, Norway.

A combination of Tull playing at a place they have never visited before, quite far away from places they usually visit, where the audience mostly were old fans who had never heard the band live before, located in/close to my own home area, made it quite magic. One of my best Tull experiences later years.

Audience: about 1500.

Staying crowd in the front, seats in the back.

Set list:

Cross eyed Mary, Beggars farm, Living in the past, Serenade to a cuckoo, Jeffrey goes to Leicester Square, Back to the family, Farm on the freeway, Heavy horses, Pastime with good company (King Henry’s Madrigal), Mother Goose, Bouree, Sweet dream, Dharma for one (w.drum solo / Martin Barre instrumental), Thick as a brick, Aqualung, Locomotive breath.

As you see from the set list, they played two real gem’s for a Trainspotter.

No new material, but I didn’t miss anything. The audience got what they wanted, the audience was excellent and Tull was excellent.

Bodø is almost a village. I bumped into Ian Anderson a couple of times, and 9 o’clock Sunday morning after breakfast, when I was outside the hotel for a while watching the landscape, I met Bartin Barre on his morning run.

Where else on earth is the sun shining when you leave the concert hall 11 o’clock in the evening ? My own hometown Tromsø of course, quite farther north…the very best alternative for Tull’s next visit to Northern Norway. WELCOME !

http://www.ab24.no/default.asp?page=534 ... 7,1&lang=1

:D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D
Carsten
Beitrag von Carsten »

Thanks a lot for the nice review! Sounds like you had a great time.
I hope, they will play "Back To The Family" in Germany,too.

Ree Guards
Ten cars
MENS RIDO ET REPUGNUM IN MAX QUAD
Whistling Catfish
Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Carsten hat geschrieben:Thanks a lot for the nice review! Sounds like you had a great time.

Ree Guards
Ten cars
...They did! Actually they have played almost the entire "stand up" ...and they were fuckin' brilliant, too!

From his mobile device,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Trainspotter

Beitrag von Trainspotter »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:
Carsten hat geschrieben:Thanks a lot for the nice review! Sounds like you had a great time.

Ree Guards
Ten cars
...They did! Actually they have played almost the entire "stand up" ...and they were fuckin' brilliant, too!

From his mobile device,
J.
This is the 40th Anniversary Stand Up Tour.

Next year it's Benefit.

2013 seems promising looking forward to... :D
Antworten