Lung disease

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
misternelson

Lung disease

Beitrag von misternelson »

Gerade gelesen, dass bei Ian bereits vor Jahren eine unheilbare Lungenkrankheit diagnostiziert wurde. Gerade in diesen Zeiten enorm gefährlich...
hier der link:
https://www.loudersound.com/news/ian-an ... pwGtHcU1OA
Micha

Re: Lung disease

Beitrag von Micha »

Whistling Catfish

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Ian Anderson stellt über seine amerikanische PR Agentin wie folgt klar:
Ian Anderson hat geschrieben:Clarification on his diagnosed COPD and Asthma

Thanks for your concern but no worries about my diagnosed COPD and Asthma. I have had 14 months with no infections and no bronchitis so last year was the first since my 20s when I didn’t get sick at all. The conditions I have are early-stage and I plan to keep them that way.

I really meant when talking to Dan Rather last September that my days as a singer were numbered rather than days to live! After all, I am 73 years old this August! But I should be OK for a few more years if COVID doesn’t get me first.

I am at no more risk of catching the COVID virus than anyone else. Just that the results could be much worse than if I was 17 or even 27. If anything, I am less likely to catch it than many people as I have been practising very safe hygiene for years and social distancing is a way of life for me! I am well rehearsed in public spaces, restaurants, hotels etc. Only flying causes me concern. But I have all the best gels, sprays, masks and facial protection ready for if and when the time comes to embark into the real world professionally.

A mild COPD or asthma are just things to live with for the millions around the world who suffer. But no impact at all on my daily life as long as I don’t catch a cold or flu virus and suffer the subsequent heavy bronchitis which, for me, historically follows since I was a young man. But on the upside I don’t suffer from Hemorrhoids or erectile disfunction. So, things are looking up, not down. (Puns fully intended.)

--Ian Anderson, May 14, 2020
https://anneleightonmediamusicservicesm ... 56hxFUtF6k
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

Danke für das Posting. Das klingt doch schon anders.
HansJuergen

Beitrag von HansJuergen »

Ja, klingt jetzt schon sehr beruhigend! Das "My days are numbered" hat ja schlimmste Befürchtungen genährt.
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

Also alles in allem ist das die gleiche Thematik, die uns den rauen Gesang auf Heavy Horses eingebracht hat, weil er da nicht zuwarten wollte, bis seine Bronchitis sich wieder legt. Habe ich das richtig in Erinnerung?
Antworten