Weblog Lucia

Allgemeine Diskussion über Jethro Tull, Neuveröffentlichungen, etc. / General discussion about Jethro Tull, releases, etc.

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Snafje JT

Weblog Lucia

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

http://looshed.blogspot.com/

Funny to read!

This is her latest addition (2 March):

McCondoms

... are available in the local bar bathroom - one pound for a package of two, whiskey-flavored (i kid you not) and specially designed to burn before the gag. i have purchased a dozen for use as stocking stuffers, cocktail party fodder, and most importantly, as an anniversary gift to mr. ian anderson and his lovely wife. let's hope i don't get fired.

so, two shows in and still no snow. according to the local news, all of scotland is being blessed with the sticky white stuff, save for edinburgh, the castle-wacky city we're currently bouncing about in. the brits on the bus are pissed. proper snow is a rarity in england, and the promise of it has sent all members of this crew into a tizzy - but alas, no snow to be seen. and i've lost my gloves. sniffy sniff.

the best thing about touring outside of america is that wine is available and encouraged in catering all hours of the day. also, that breakfast consists of meat upon meat upon more meat - bacon, dripping in greasy goodness; sausages in all shapes and colors. i spend so much time surrounded by los angeles nutritionites that i often forget how good animal fat actually tastes, and i start thinking that veganism and other variations on starvation might really be the path to betterdom, and that being skinny is close to being godly. well, poop on that, and down with deprivation. bacon tastes good, and "everything in moderation" is the new black.

i am happy to report that all is well in this bubble of unreality. the shows are running (knock on wood) fairly smoothly, and everyone gets along. bus arguments never go beyond "team america" vs. "spinal tap" (parallel debate: southern comfort vs. jagermeister) and luckily, both parties can be accommodated without too much trouble. the audiences have been supportive (though i do miss the drunken screaming men of outdoor texas venues), and it's wonderful to watch a legendary band rock their homeland like it's 1974. these men are so inspiring, and it's truly an honor to be a guest in their world, full of fabulous music and dirty stories galore. (stories which, unfortunately, i couldn't tell you even if i wanted to. because then i'd have to kill you. but i will give you two tantalizing words: the penetrator.)

time for me to slather on the face-paint. from what i've been told, the saying "it's all about the music" is a lie - apparently, it's all about the eyeliner. and the codpiece.
Life Is A Long Song
Ulla
Re: Weblog Lucia

Beitrag von Ulla »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:http://looshed.blogspot.com/

Funny to read!

This is her latest addition (2 March):

McCondoms

(stories which, unfortunately, i couldn't tell you even if i wanted to. because then i'd have to kill you. but i will give you two tantalizing words: the penetrator.)
Funny to hear that the penetrator story is still told to everybody :lol:
I could tell you Peggy´s version of it :wink:
Meet On The Ledge
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

I could tell you Peggy´s version of it :wink:
If you would like..., I'm interested :) .
Life Is A Long Song
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Immer her mit dem Indiskreten ... :D
Ulla
Beitrag von Ulla »

Na gut, hier kommt die Geschichte des "[NICHT ÖFFNEN, SPAM!] Intruder":

Tull waren auf Tour, wie üblich mit dem Zug unterwegs. Peggy zeigte sich völlig erstaunt, dass es auf deutschen Bahnhöfen, z.B. in Köln, Sexshops gibt.
Wie er Mr. Anderson dazu bewegen konnte, gemeinsam einen solchen Shop zu betreten, weiß ich nicht, aber die beiden haben sich über etliche angebotene Gegenstände köstlich amüsiert.
Und da, auf dem Tisch für Sonderangebote, lag ER: "THE [NICHT ÖFFNEN, SPAM!] INTRUDER" - ein mächtiger Dildo.

Peggy lachte sich kaputt und hatte die glorreiche Idee, zwei von den Dingern zu kaufen und zwischen Doanes Trommelstöcken zu verstecken. Er stellte sich Doanes Gesicht vor, wenn der mitten in einem Song plötzlich die beiden Dildos zückt.
Auf dem Tisch lag aber nur einer. Also gingen die Herren Pegg und Anderson zur Theke und fragten den verblüfften jungen Mann dahinter, ob er noch so einen habe. Der Mann muss die beiden völlig entgeistert angestarrt haben, so als würde er denken: "Die beiden alten Schwulen, was die wohl für Spielchen mit zwei Dildos machen?" Es war aber nur noch der eine da und bevor er überhaupt nachdenken konnte, zahlte Peggy das Teil mit seiner Kreditkarte.

Ihr könnt euch die Szene in Peggs Heim vorstellen, als seine Frau die Kreditkartenrechnungen kontrollierte und dort den Beleg für einen "[NICHT ÖFFNEN, SPAM!] Intruder" fand. She was not amuzed!

Auf jeden Fall befand sich das Teil seitdem beim Tull-Equipment und tauchte immer mal wieder völlig überraschend auf. So auch beim Konzert in Hagen (1.11.1992?), wo er irgendwann über Peggy von der Decke runterkam.

Als Pegg dann Tull verlassen hatte, kontaktierte ihn ein Fan und wollte den Bass kaufen, den er auf der letzten Tour gespielt hatte. Peggy lud den Interessenten zu sich nach Hause ein, holte das Case mit dem Bass, öffnete das Case und auf dem Bass lag - der "[NICHT ÖFFNEN, SPAM!] Intruder". Der Mann muss etwas verwirrt aus der Wäsche geguckt haben.
Peggy warf das Ding schnell unter das Sofa und verkaufte den Bass.

Sein Sohn Matt war zum gleichen Zeitpunkt mit ein paar Freunden im Studio und Peggy dachte sich: "Machste mal nen Scherz!" und ging mit dem Teil in der Hand ins Studio.
Von der Tür aus rief er laut in den Raum: "Schau mal, was ich gefunden habe!" und schwenkte den Intruder.
Matt schaute verlegen zur Seite und murmelte nur: "Hallo Dad, darf ich dir meine neue Freundin vorstellen?" :shock: :lol: :wink:
Meet On The Ledge
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha großartige Geschichte!! Vielen Dank! Oh man, habe ich gelacht...
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Zuletzt geändert von Warchild am Fr Aug 29, 2008 10:50 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Nicht der Ian

Beitrag von Nicht der Ian »

Geschichten, die das Leben schrieb

Im übrigen 1.11.1991 Stadthalle Hagen, ein Novum in dieser Kleinstadt. Ich war selbst am 21.10.91 in der Grugahalle zu Essen. So wie ich mich erinnere, war es die Abschiedstour von den großen Hallen.
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Haha, great story, thanks a lot for sharing that :D !
Life Is A Long Song
Antworten