Man Doki Soulmates

Diskussion über Aktivitäten aller anderen related Bands. / Discussion about activities of all other related artists.

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Snafje JT

Man Doki Soulmates

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Hello, I have the CD Man Doki 'Soulmates', and it's absolutely fabulous!

But does anybody knows anything about the other Man Doki albums? Features they also Ian Anderson? And is that DVD good? When is that filmed, only in 2002, as the website of Man Doki says, or also in 1993? Because in the clip I see Ian with a 'ponytail', and his a little light music jacket as on the 25th Anniversary DVD.

And the CD Legends Of Rock includes Living In The Past. Is that a longer version than that in the TV-broadcast?

Thank you!
Life Is A Long Song
Laufi
Site Admin
Re: Man Doki Soulmates

Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi there:
Snafje JT hat geschrieben:Hello, I have the CD Man Doki 'Soulmates', and it's absolutely fabulous!
yes, there really is some nice stuff on it!
But does anybody knows anything about the other Man Doki albums? Features they also Ian Anderson?
being a collector, I have them all (at least the albums with Ian), here's some information (I really should have all this in the collectible guide at my website soon) in chronological order:

1993:
Mother Europe (CD single album version/radio version)
People (album - Ian on several tracks)

Love & Money (CD single - two mixes plus 2 other tracks)
Last Night (CD single - 3 tracks)

People In Room No.8 (album - Ian on several tracks)
Never Give In (CD single - 3 tracks, incl. 1 live + statements)
On And On (CD single - 3 tracks)
The Journey Is Long (CD single - 4 tracks incl. one live track)
Room No. 8 - The Jazz-Cuts (album - various jazz cuts + live tracks)

I Lost My Heart In China (CD single - 4 versions, definitely no Ian!)
So Far... Collected Songs (compilation album incl. obe live track)

Soulmates (album - Ian on several tracks)
Soulmates (special deluxe edition on double LP plus CD)
Daydream (CD single - two versions)
Is There A Dream Left? (CD single - 3 versions + 2 others incl. one live)

Soulmates - The Jazz Cuts (album - various jazz cuts + live tracks)
Soulmates - Classic (soulmates album played by string quartet, no Ian, I think)
Last Day Of Summer (CD single - 6 versions, incl. 3 live versions)

Legends Of Rock (album - several live tracks feat. Ian Anderson)

I'm pretty sure that there exists at least one other CD single from 2002/2003 that I don't have - but that one probably doesn't have an exclusive track.
And is that DVD good? When is that filmed, only in 2002, as the website of Man Doki says, or also in 1993? Because in the clip I see Ian with a 'ponytail', and his a little light music jacket as on the 25th Anniversary DVD.
That DVD was filmed back in 2002 at the "Tränenpalast" in Berlin for arte MusicPlanet2Nite TV special, where it was broadcast a while later. The DVD has the interviews from the TV special ommited, but all songs AND it's in stunning 5.1 sound! So if you like the Soulmates stuff, you should definitely get it! Excellent filming, too.There exists a special edition of the DVD with an extra audio CD (with the same material, I'm afraid).
There's some bonus material on the DVD as well, including interview stuff and footage from the first concert they played back in 1993 in Budapest (parts of it are on the first Jazz-Cuts album).

At least one bootleg double DVD exists, it's called "Mandoki and mates" and has lots of TV performances they did over the years, as well as an ok audience recording of that 1993 Budapest show (which was filmed, but never shown in full length - if you listen to "Imagine" from that show, you know why ;)).l
And the CD Legends Of Rock includes Living In The Past. Is that a longer version than that in the TV-broadcast?
Yes, it is! They included the songs from the first "50 Jahre Rock" show from Hannover 17.4.2004 (which has also been officially released on DVD in fine 5.1 sound) , BUT the songs from the second show are not from the TV broadcast, but from the rehearsal for the show in Munich! There is an audience, though. The songs are slight different and - longer, so is LITP.

hope this helps, happy collecting!

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Antworten