Antworten
Whistling Catfish
Martin Barre Sologig am 02.12.2006

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Hi,

Exeter - Phoenix 02.12.2006
Martin Barre
8pm / £5 / in the VOODOO LOUNGE
Jethro Tull guitarist playing guitar, flute, mandolin and bouzouki, accompanied by Dan Crisp and Alan Bray. A mix of Martin's jazzy/bluesy instrumentals and Dan's songs.

Quelle: www.exeterphoenix.org.uk

Viele Grüße,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

And he wrote on his website!

There's a lot of catching up to do due to a crazy year. Meant to be a time off but working out to be the opposite.

There were a few gigs scattered about the year, ending with some acoustic dates in Scandinavia, musically very challenging but also very enjoyable. The change in approach with acoustic instruments gave mind and ear a refreshing new perspective on the Tull songs and working with Anne Marie on violin was great fun; she is a superb musician with a wonderful attitude to playing.

I also started work on my own acoustic project with singer/guitarist Dan Crisp, bassist Alan Bray and myself on various acoustic instruments, including the mandolin and bouzouki.

We played just three trial gigs, all very small, to test the water and with a fantastic response. We have decided to work further in the New Year. The combination of Dan's songs and my instrumentals worked really well.

I have also been working with Paul Reed Smith guitars and played at music show in Birmingham. I plan to play at the NAMM show in LA in January. PRS are a brilliant company to be involved with; their enthusiasm is endless!

Other than my 60th. birthday party, which lasted almost a week! That was 2006. The new year starts with an acoustic Tull tour in the UK in March. The rest of the year? Well it's early days so you'll have to watch this space. I promise another update in 2007... honestly.

A Happy New Year to you all !!
Life Is A Long Song
Antworten