Please, who can help me?

Verkaufe - Suche - Biete - Tausche: alles, was das Herz begehrt! / Offers for trades, etc. here

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Snafje JT

Please, who can help me?

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Who can help me? I'm moved my home about a month ago (Hardegarijp to Groningen), and during it some things are stolen from my empty house; a big part of my CD collection also, and so stuff from JT! I can buy most CD's in regular shops, but some are more difficult.

I'm searching for:

Walk Into Light
20 Years Of JT 3CD Box Set
25th Anniversary 4CD Cigar Box Set
Thick As A Brick CD with newspaper
JT In Concert (BBC)
JT CD-singles (I have a few, but by far not all)

Once I had all those CD's (well, not all the singles), and now I have again half of the JT collection, but of course not the rare out-of-print-stuff. Would be great if one of you can sell me something (I'm afraid you don't have the Box Sets twice) or know somebody who can, or a way to buy it somewhere.

Thanks!
Life Is A Long Song
Laufi
Site Admin
Re: Please, who can help me?

Beitrag von Laufi »

Hola Snafje:

First of all: VERY sorry to hear abot that theft!

I might help you with some stuff:
Snafje JT hat geschrieben:I'm searching for:

Walk Into Light
20 Years Of JT 3CD Box Set
25th Anniversary 4CD Cigar Box Set
Thick As A Brick CD with newspaper
JT In Concert (BBC)
JT CD-singles (I have a few, but by far not all)
I've got spare copies of:

- 4CD 25th Anniv. Boxed Set
- TAAB Newspaper CD
The following CD singles:
- Kissing Willie (U.S. Promo)
- Rattlesnake Trail (U.S. Promo)
- This Is Not Love (U.S. Promo)
- Another Christmas Song (UK 1989 with Dressing Room Tapes)
- Rocks On The Road (UK Digipak with CDs 1+2)
- Rocks On The Road (UK CD2 cardboard sleeve)
- LITP 1993 CD1 UK
- LITP 1993 CD2 UK
- Rare & Precious Chain/This Free Will (UK Promo)
- IA: 4 Dances With God (UK promo)
- Aqualung (1998 spanish Promo)
- IA: Postcard Day (US Promo)
- Dot Com (German Promo)
- J-Tull Dot Com (4 Track US Promo)
- Bends Like A Willow (US Promo)
- Live In Europe 2003 (German Promo)
- Ring Out, Solstice Bells+2 (2004)
- Alessia D'Andrea feat. IA: Locomotive Breath

I didn't want to sell most of these (especially the cigar box), but keep them as back-ups or trading material for stuff that I need - or to sell them on ebay in "bad times", but I might change my opinion. Would have to think about that.

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
King Heath

Beitrag von King Heath »

Sorry about this. A break in is a nasty thing. And more so because the thief won’t know that he actually took some real rarities of you which he will ditch for a couple of quid. You can get Walk Into Light here but be prepared to shell out substantially:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000001 ... e&n=290380

Slightly cheaper here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... 36?ie=UTF8

As for the 20 Years Box Set there’s always ebay:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Jethro-Tull-20 ... 9QQfromZR8

No luck on 25 Cigars though.

When you say you’re looking for Thick As A Brick with newspaper I take it you mean the 25th anniversary CD. That one should still be available on amazon.

I have seen JT in Concert in a shop recently but can’t remember where (probably a second hand shop).

Look at the bright side of things. Now you can start hunting again. It’s such a great feeling to find something (provided you do). Good luck to you. And I’m sure the good people of this forum will provide you with copies to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Just drop us a mail.

Tara

King Heath
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

I have seen JT in Concert in a shop recently but can’t remember where (probably a second hand shop).
Yeah, well, I too a year ago or so. I was surprised it's out of print. But this one and Walk Into Light are maybe not thát hard to find. I have put some advertisement on Dutch selling-websites (I guess you have that kind of websites in Deutschland; marktplaats.nl and speurders.nl we have; people can sell or buy second-hand stuff from eachother). I'm searching this kind of websites and also recordstores in the city and hope to find it. Just got the idea to visit a CD-market when it's in the area; there you find some interesting things sometimes.
And more so because the thief won’t know that he actually took some real rarities of you which he will ditch for a couple of quid.
Indeed, I'm searching on the internet if he is selling my stuff there. But nothing yet, so I guess he's not.
When you say you’re looking for Thick As A Brick with newspaper I take it you mean the 25th anniversary CD.
Yep, I was very happy to have this one and the Box Sets. I guess that were my best things in the collection; I had a chance to buy them all from a chap I know who had them, and he knew I was big fan of JT (he just a bit) so he gave me the chance to buy it for a very low price.
Look at the bright side of things. Now you can start hunting again. It’s such a great feeling to find something (provided you do). Good luck to you. And I’m sure the good people of this forum will provide you with copies to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Just drop us a mail.
Luckily I have all the music on my MP3-player, but that's not real for me. Thanks for your help!
I didn't want to sell most of these (especially the cigar box), but keep them as back-ups or trading material for stuff that I need - or to sell them on ebay in "bad times", but I might change my opinion. Would have to think about that.
Well, I know the prices on Ebay etc. for those stuff, so I am prepared. Don't sell if you don't feel good about it, I understand that. If I had some stuff twice also I had to think about it when someone asked if he could buy it. Otherwise I would be very 'thankfull' (if that's a good English word) if you should help me.
Life Is A Long Song
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Hi guys!

I thought maybe I should give an update. Yet I have the two boxes (20th and 25th) again! Well, not my own, but I got the opportunity to buy them both in very good condition and I'm very happy as you can understand. Just bought the 25th Ann. CD of TAAB with the newspaper! Wow, I thought I never should find that. And I have the In Concert CD too.

The only missing thing is Walk Into Light.

And of course I keep watching for CD singles etc., but they are very hard to find. I never had much of them, but of course I would like to have them.
Life Is A Long Song
Antworten