Tony Iommi

Du hast eine Frage über Jethro Tull? Hier könnte Dir geholfen werden! / You've got a question about Jethro Tull? It may be answered here!

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
inside

Tony Iommi

Beitrag von inside »

Warum war denn Tony Iommi damals nur zwei Wochen lang dabei? Weiß jemand was Genaues oder Links, wo man was darüber lesen kann?
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Tony Iommi in 2004 to CNN:

"It seemed to come together more after I left the band to join Jethro Tull. I told the other (Sabbath) guys Tull were interested in me, and they said: "Why don't you have a go?" And I thought: "Oh, that's great, they're trying to get rid of me." I went to London and it was an audition. I thought: "Sod this..., I'm going home." But they said: "Hang about." And I got the job.

"I told the other guys and I felt really bad about it. After a few days of rehearsals, I didn't feel comfortable, and told Ian Anderson. But they asked me to stay to do the Rolling Stones movie 'Rock 'n' Roll Circus', and I did. So that's how that happened.

"After coming back from them, I'd learned the way Tull worked. It was like: "Right, we rehearse at 9 in the morning." And we'd never heard of 9 in the morning."

Did you know that another ex-Tull player, Don Airey (keyboards around 1987), had played also for Black Sabbath, and even Ozzy Ozbourne solo-projects before joining Tull?

After that, around 1988, I thougt he was one of the founders of K2 with Gary Moore en Chris Thompson.
Life Is A Long Song
inside

Beitrag von inside »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:Tony Iommi in 2004 to CNN:

"After coming back from them, I'd learned the way Tull worked. It was like: "Right, we rehearse at 9 in the morning." And we'd never heard of 9 in the morning."
Danke, sehr interessant! Also waren die JTs dem Tony Iommi zu straight und frühaufsteherisch?! Aber mag's das alleine gewesen sein?

Hans
Antworten