Neues Tull Album im Oktober 2006

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Danjêl

Beitrag von Danjêl »

Laufi hat geschrieben:Übrigens: Dein Statement ändert nichts an der Tatsache, daß in diesem Forum ausdrücklich jede gesittete Meinungsäußerung erlaubt und gewünscht ist. Das betrifft die Kritiker genauso wie die Jasager. Wem das nicht paßt, der ist hier nicht richtig aufgehoben, ganz einfach
Laufi
absolut einverstanden, aber mit Aussagen wie "Jethro Tull heute ist sch*** wird es eben auch nicht besser...
Ulla
Beitrag von Ulla »

Danjêl hat geschrieben:aber mit Aussagen wie "Jethro Tull heute ist sch*** wird es eben auch nicht besser...
So verkürzt würde das hier wohl niemand darstellen. Selbst wer hier konstruktive Kritik äußert, lässt doch stets durchscheinen, dass er/sie eigentlich mit Herzblut an dieser Band hängt. Und eben deshalb ist es absolut zulässig, der subjektiven Enttäuschung Ausdruck zu geben.
Meet On The Ledge
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Yes, it's a bad reason to cancel the making of an album because of the costs.

I mean, friends of mine have a little band (which don't bring in so much money; they have to work beside the band) and can make 2 CD's in 2 year! They play in front of audiences from 150-500 people who pay 7 Euro entry...

When such a small band can make albums (plus videoclips for Dutch MTV!), than Jethro Tull can do it!

Ian can give many reasons, but 'too expensive' is bullshit. Just be honest and say you don't like to make a new album.
Life Is A Long Song
Whistling Catfish
Re: ...

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:Yes, it's a bad reason to cancel the making of an album because of the costs.

I mean, friends of mine have a little band (which don't bring in so much money; they have to work beside the band) and can make 2 CD's in 2 year! They play in front of audiences from 150-500 people who pay 7 Euro entry...

When such a small band can make albums (plus videoclips for Dutch MTV!), than Jethro Tull can do it!

Ian can give many reasons, but 'too expensive' is bullshit. Just be honest and say you don't like to make a new album.
It's not just a bad excuse in my opinion, it is no excuse at all! On the other hand - and here I can only speculate, of course - I think he may do not feel well anymore doing an album the way he has to do it these days because of the fact, that all band members (apart from Andy, maybe) are spread out all over the world.

Let's face it: Of course he has to consider the cost of producing a new album to some extend. That means everything has to be prepared once the band flies in. What I want to say is, that Ian has to do the whole work (writing, arranging) on his own. As I said before - it is only speculation - but I assume that he doesn't want to do this all alone in the JT context anymore. For his solo albums it is maybe still ok with him, hence he doesn't have to bear any responsibility for the feelings of the other band members!

In Dave's last interview he clearly stated that he still loves Jethro Tull and that he doesn't want to bring the band to an end and he also pointed out that he still loves playing Jethro Tull music with the guys that are currently in the band. So it should be allowed to presume that he also cares for his band mates to some extend. Musically and also in some sort of social way!

But at the same time he seems to be a little pissed off that it is no longer possible to rent a rehearsal place and start the pre-production of a new Tull record in the whole band context. If that's the case I really understand him. You know, most of the "pressure" involved with Jethro Tull is on his shoulders anyway. You can very easily recognise that from the knocking he gets from some of us in this little irrelevant forum (...not that irrelevant, Laufi :wink: )

Why does nobody here blames the rest of the band as well? If the excuse regarding the financial things may be ridiculous - the fact that even Martin insists on free flights and payment during the sessions is embarrasing, isn't it?

(...the next question rising from this is that it may was indeed a mistake that they have switched to an "independent" record lable......may be they should have stayed with EMI?????...but that's another story which was not yet discussed here by the way.... :wink: )

I don't want to blame Jon, Andy and Doane too much in this regard, but Martin (as much as I like him personally and as much as I "worship" him musically) he seems to be the person who is not interested too much in Jethro Tull these days in regard of commitment further than going out on tour and earn a bucket full of money.

I may be wrong.....but who can tell???? :wink:

Tot ziens, :wink:
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Laufi
Site Admin
Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi

Zur Abwechslung mal in Inselaffensprache ;-)

Well, as Snafje mentioned, it's not THAT expensive to produce an album nowadays, especially with the technology that is widely available even at homestudios. Anyway, Ian mentioned that flights, hotels, etc. would cost (and another fact is proper promotion, which oftens costs more money than to record an album), but if he would take -lets say- 100.000 Euros to get the band in a recording studio for 3 or 4 weeks to arrange and record stuff he has written alone at home and do the promo stuff, etc. afterwards, it would surely be more than enough money. And such an amount of money should be no problem for a man that is worth 35m GBP!!! It would mean no JT concerts (and no income) for one or two months, but that would be something I'd be very happy with if it would result in new songs.

So I simply think that IA is looking for excuses, if he wanted to do a new album, he would be able to do one, that's it!

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Whistling Catfish

Hi,
Zur Abwechslung mal in Inselaffensprache
:lol: , and in which language we shall weitermachen????

Dieses forum get's more and mehr difficult.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Später vielleicht mal mehr..... :wink:

Liebe Grüße,
J.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Ganz schön anstrengend,sich mit eingerostetem Englisch hier durchzuwühlen!Mal 'ne Frage:Wozu ist eigentlich das JT-Forum "englisch"?PS:Mir fehlt ein kotzendes Smily..........
Whistling Catfish

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Ganz schön anstrengend,sich mit eingerostetem Englisch hier durchzuwühlen!Mal 'ne Frage:Wozu ist eigentlich das JT-Forum "englisch"?PS:Mir fehlt ein kotzendes Smily..........
Hi,

mit den kotzenden Smilies musst Du Dietmar fragen, der ist Experte für Smilies im Allgemeinen und kotzende im Besonderen.....lach!

Was das verwendete Idiom in den vorangegangen Beiträgen angeht, so war das nur aus Respekt unserem Kollegen Snafje zuliebe, da ich es unhöflich empfand, auf seinen englischen Beitrag in deutsch zu antworten.

Und sieh' es doch mal positiv: Immerhin konntest Du so Dein - nach eigenem Bekunden - eingerostetes Englisch wieder ein wenig "entstauben"!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, wenn Du denn was zum Thema zu sagen hast, kannst Du das auch gerne in Deutsch tun, tu Dir keinen Zwang an.......

Bis dahin,
J.
under wraps
Beitrag von under wraps »

Wer war denn der kotzende Gast? Bitte outen, schließlich muß hier was getan werden, schließlich hat Anderson nicht nur großartige Musik geschriebn, ich finde er ist auch einer besten Texter!
Dietmar

Beitrag von Dietmar »

Laufi hat geschrieben: So I simply think that IA is looking for excuses, if he wanted to do a new album, he would be able to do one, that's it!
Mehr fällt mir zu der ganzen Diskussion halt auch nicht mehr ein .... alles andere ist blödes Gelaber, und das wird auch von Jahr zu Jahr unkomischer....
Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben: mit den kotzenden Smilies musst Du Dietmar fragen, der ist Experte für Smilies im Allgemeinen und kotzende im Besonderen.....lach!
Da es thematisch grad so gut passt .... Bild

Stets zu Diensten, Sir .... Bild
Jack-a-lynn

Beitrag von Jack-a-lynn »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Ganz schön anstrengend,sich mit eingerostetem Englisch hier durchzuwühlen!Mal 'ne Frage:Wozu ist eigentlich das JT-Forum "englisch"?
find ich auch
Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben: Was das verwendete Idiom in den vorangegangen Beiträgen angeht, so war das nur aus Respekt unserem Kollegen Snafje zuliebe, da ich es unhöflich empfand, auf seinen englischen Beitrag in deutsch zu antworten.
soweit ich mich entsinne hat Snafje mal gesagt, er versteht deutsch sehr gut, schreibt aber lieber englisch...

Im Übrigen glaube ich kaum noch an ein neues J.-T.-Album
Bild
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Ja, ich kann Deutsch gut verstehen. Aber beim schreiben mache ich oftmals ein Fehler, so...

The discussion about whether speak German or English is up to the Germans themself! It doesn't bother me; only hope I may give my opinion about 'Tully-esque' thingies, or share some information with you.
Life Is A Long Song
Charley

Beitrag von Charley »

Da fälllt mir gerade ein:
IA hat doch ein recht großes Anwesen, nicht wahr? (Ich habe einmal etwas von 17 Toiletten gelesen, wenn ich nicht irre.)
Er hat auch ein Studio, das so mies nicht sein wird.
Er könnte doch die Mannschaft für eine Woche oder zwei zu sich einladen? Das müßte die anscheinend exorbitanten Kosten einigermaßen reduzieren.

Und ich glaube auch, gelesen zu haben, daß die letzte Stones-CD auf ähnliche Weise chez Jagger en France entstand.
Charles Milton Ling
Vienna, Austria
strange avenue

Beitrag von strange avenue »

Wahrscheinlich haben die alle Angst davor, ein paar Tage auf dem verwinkelten Anwesen eines seltsamen, kauzigen alten Schotten verbringen zu müssen, hu hu hu hu!
Auf den 17 Toiletten hätte es aber eine fette Akustik!!!

Liebe Grüsse
strange avenue
Bild
Antworten