Jonathan Noyce performed with Thin Lizzy

Allgemeine Diskussion über Jethro Tull, Neuveröffentlichungen, etc. / General discussion about Jethro Tull, releases, etc.

Moderator: King Heath

Snafje JT

Jonathan Noyce performed with Thin Lizzy

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Did anybody know that our Jonathan performed recently with Thin Lizzy?

Bild

http://www.rocklegend.thin-lizzy.com/statue_weekend.htm
Life Is A Long Song
Whistling Catfish
Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

I did not know......and I'm pretty surprised!

....but he looks as cool as always on that picture! 8)

Do you know when this gig took place? It's hard to imagine that he was able to find any time to do this sort of things in 2005 hence the Tull schedule was pretty busy...... if memory serves..... :lol:

Viele Grüße,
J.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

The gig was 20 August 2005 in Dublin.

I'm wondering how Thin Lizzy came to ask Jonathan. Does he know one of them? Has somebody of them seen him live, and thought he was very good?

Well, I'm probably the only Tull-fan who thinks Jon is the best bass-player Tull ever had. Just listen to the Dot Com album... Ehm, and then I don't remember what I did want to say with that... It's too late, I'm going to sleep :roll: .
Life Is A Long Song
Whistling Catfish
Re: ...

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:
Well, I'm probably the only Tull-fan who thinks Jon is the best bass-player Tull ever had. Just listen to the Dot Com album... Ehm, and then I don't remember what I did want to say with that... It's too late, I'm going to sleep :roll: .
No, you're not the only one! Because I think the same. Well....almost the same - I won't dare to say he's THE best, but he is absolutely comparable to the other John (Glascock) - who was a fine bass player as well - in my opinion. I think John and Jon are - or better - were absolutely equal.....and both are better than all the other bass players who has been in the band - musically.

Anyway, Jon is far better than Dave Pegg, a fine player as well, not to be mistaken, but Jonathan is the one with the distinctive feel for the music. And his technique is brilliant I think. And he's a nice and humble chap as well!

And even if nobody else agrees: I really consider him as a stage personality as well. He is cool.....nothing more, nothing less....and - as mentioned before - an amazing good player!

All the best,
J.

PS: Glenn was also very good - different and maybe less "flexible" but nonetheless very good for the stuff they've played these days!
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Dietmar

Beitrag von Dietmar »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:
And even if nobody else agrees: I really consider him as a stage personality as well. He is cool.....nothing more, nothing less....and - as mentioned before - an amazing good player!
Snafje JT hat geschrieben: ... It's too late, I'm going to sleep :roll: .
... good idea .... same to me .... 8)
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Well, he`s not "cool" but he`s simply the worst bass-player that ever played in Tull ... and now he`s going to ruin what`s left of Thin Lizzy ... Phil Lynott will be rotating in his grave ... sorry, just my opinion ... :evil: :P :shock: 8)
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Well, he`s not "cool"
Well, he is blind on one eye.
but he`s simply the worst bass-player that ever played in Tull ...
It was too late for you either, I guess... You didn't slept last night, you just told me?
and now he`s going to ruin what`s left of Thin Lizzy ... Phil Lynott will be rotating in his grave ...
Haha, did you see him perform with Thin Lizzy? Thought not.
sorry, just my opinion ...
Let's keep it yours then.

:wink:
Life Is A Long Song
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

[quote="Snafje JT
and now he`s going to ruin what`s left of Thin Lizzy ... Phil Lynott will be rotating in his grave ...
Haha, did you see him perform with Thin Lizzy? Thought not.

[/quote]

Did you ever Phil Lynott performing with Thin Lizzy... I think not ... hahaha ...
Dietmar

Beitrag von Dietmar »

Warchild hat geschrieben:Well, he`s not "cool" but he`s simply the worst bass-player that ever played in Tull ... and now he`s going to ruin what`s left of Thin Lizzy ... Phil Lynott will be rotating in his grave ... sorry, just my opinion ... :evil: :P :shock: 8)
Bild

I must still remember a concert review of Tull's show in Hamburg in .... 1999? .... anyway, someone (not very deep into Tull) described the single band members: "bass player - pobably dead...." Never forgot that one...... :lol:

But to come to the honest part of the theme: I have no idea if Jonathan Noyce is a good or a bad bass player. Always thought bass plays someone who can't play anything else...? :? :shock:

I just remember that Dave Pegg had a "stage personality", something I miss apart from Ian today on stage. Even Martin had a "stage peronality" .... meanwhile, back in the year.... :wink:
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Anderson - Barre - Hammond - Evan - Palmer
the ultimate Tull show lineup
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Well, that's a very interesting line-up :roll: . This one never excisted!
Life Is A Long Song
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Anderson - Barre - Hammond - Evan - Palmer
the ultimate Tull show lineup
I think he just forgot to mention the great Barrymore B. ... :D
Snafje JT

Beitrag von Snafje JT »

Was Palmer already in the band when Hammond-Hammond was present? I thought Glascock came earlier...
Life Is A Long Song
Warchild

Beitrag von Warchild »

Snafje JT hat geschrieben:Was Palmer already in the band when Hammond-Hammond was present? I thought Glascock came earlier...
It`s meant as a kind of "dream-team", I guess.
Nicht der Ian

Beitrag von Nicht der Ian »

In case of THE "drem-team" don't forget Mr. Clive Bunker!
Antworten