Wer war es? ;-)

Allgemeine Diskussion über Jethro Tull, Neuveröffentlichungen, etc. / General discussion about Jethro Tull, releases, etc.

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
Whistling Catfish
Wer war es? ;-)

Beitrag von Whistling Catfish »

Spricht er über einen von Euch? Voitures Dix par hasard? :wink: :lol:
....just kiddin'....I hope! :lol:
IA hat geschrieben:
You’ve picked Mr. Boring. I don’t really have any wild stories. I just have endless tales of early nights, early mornings, reading a good book, watching Dick Cavett, no sex, drugs, and rock ’n’ roll, unfortunately, so far—but I’m working on it. I can certainly make some up, or I can tell you stories about Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, but they might not like that. Well, Jimmy Page probably would.

We have had some zany fans over the years. In the 70s there was a guy who was a German fan who was completely obsessed. He used to dress like me, and he would undergo these strange pilgrimages to foreign lands to see us play. A couple of times he turned up in the middle of rainstorms and foul weather when we were living in that house on the islands off the west coast of Scotland, and we had to bring him in and feed him and clothe him. It was the worst possible thing to do because you don’t want to bond with these people, but on the other hand he was probably going to die out there if we hadn’t let him in. Then a couple of other times he showed up various places, then we didn’t see him again for a long, long time. Many years went by, and I was grateful because he was pretty obsessive.
Then one day just a couple of years ago, we came out of a venue in Germany and among the people standing outside whom I was signing autographs for, this middle-aged man came forward and I said, “Hello, would you like an autograph?”

He said, “Oh no, no, I just wanted to say hello.”

“Well, hi, nice to meet you.”

He said, “You don’t recognize me, do you?”

“No.”

“I’m the guy who…”

Then the penny dropped, this was the same guy many years later. I said, “Well, we haven’t seen you for a long time, have we?”

He said, “No, I’m cured.”

He said it with a twinkle in his eye, but he had probably found a life and a wife. It was nice to know he had gotten over his infatuation. Over the years, with some of the weird fans we’ve had, there have been some serious stalkers and death threats along the way. Most of them are fairly benign, just a little strange. But some of the more obsessive fans who would turn up on my doorstep over the years have become friends in a way. They do at times still have a rather unhealthy interest in what I do, but most of the times they can separate that and carry on with their lives as normal human beings.
Quelle: http://www.rocknrolltales.com/read/jethro-tull
Zuletzt geändert von Whistling Catfish am Mi Okt 13, 2010 9:24 pm, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
I wish I was a Catfish, swimmin' in the deep blue sea....
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

Ah so genial, danke für den Hinweis auf die Story!
CaptainFalcon

Beitrag von CaptainFalcon »

Tja, hier geht Anderson mal mit der Zeit: Aqualung und Hymn 43 in Rock Band 2 und Aqualung in Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock.

Hätte fast Bock es mir für die Wii zu kaufen, um mal ein authentischeres Gefühl als die gute alte Luftgitarre zu haben :lol:
Ulla
Re: Wer war es? ;-)

Beitrag von Ulla »

Whistling Catfish hat geschrieben:Spricht er über einen von Euch? Voitures Dix par hasard? :wink: :lol:
....just kiddin'....I hope! :lol:
IA hat geschrieben:
You’ve picked Mr. Boring. I don’t really have any wild stories. I just have endless tales of early nights, early mornings, reading a good book, watching Dick Cavett, no sex, drugs, and rock ’n’ roll, unfortunately, so far—but I’m working on it. I can certainly make some up, or I can tell you stories about Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, but they might not like that. Well, Jimmy Page probably would.

We have had some zany fans over the years. In the 70s there was a guy who was a German fan who was completely obsessed. He used to dress like me, and he would undergo these strange pilgrimages to foreign lands to see us play. A couple of times he turned up in the middle of rainstorms and foul weather when we were living in that house on the islands off the west coast of Scotland, and we had to bring him in and feed him and clothe him. It was the worst possible thing to do because you don’t want to bond with these people, but on the other hand he was probably going to die out there if we hadn’t let him in. Then a couple of other times he showed up various places, then we didn’t see him again for a long, long time. Many years went by, and I was grateful because he was pretty obsessive.
Witzig ist, dass Ian mir diese Geschichte erzählt hat. Er erwähnte noch, dass der Typ aufhörte zu rauchen, als Ian dieses Laster aufgab, zunahm, als ian gewicht zulegte, usw.
Ian meinte damals: "Was macht der Typ, wenn ich einmal etwas tue, das ihm überhaupt nicht gefällt? Bringt er mich dann um?" Er hatte echt Angst vor dem Typ.
Und er hat mir den Namen gesagt. Und ja, er ist einer von uns hier.

Aber ich kann bestätigen, dass dieser Fan inzwischen ein ganz lieber und sehr geschätzter Mann ist.

Hallo an ihn, wenn er das hier liest :wink:
Meet On The Ledge
strange avenue

Re: Wer war es? ;-)

Beitrag von strange avenue »

Ulla hat geschrieben:Aber ich kann bestätigen, dass dieser Fan inzwischen ein ganz lieber und sehr geschätzter Mann ist.
Hallo, zuviel der Aufmerksamkeit, danke, danke! Allerdings haben die Betablocker auch ihre Schattenseiten! :P

aü.
Bild
|_______|_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Antworten