A Passion Play, Too?

hier gehören alle Jethro Tull News rein - all Jethro Tull news

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
King Heath

A Passion Play, Too?

Beitrag von King Heath »

Und es wird immer besser...
Classic Progster 5/2012 hat geschrieben:After the release of Thick As A Brick 2, a follow up to the classic Tull album of the same name that reached the no. 1 spot of Billboard in 1972, Ian Anderson, singer and one-legged flute player of the British Art Rock band, has confirmed plans to give another album the same treatment. A Passion Play, originally released in 1973, gave the band another no. 1 in Billboard, although not to the same critical acclaim as its predecessor.

"Thick As A Brick 2 is all about the what-ifs and could-have-beens that might have happened in the life of a 10-year-old fake "Wunderkind", a question I was certain has occurred to all of us. But no one seems to wonder what happens to someone who comes back from afterlife. And that is exactly what happened to young Ronnie Pilgrim."

Pilgrim, who was supposedly killed during a freak accident on Fulham Road, when a lorry lost its load of birth control pills, experienced "upstairs and downstairs but without Hudson" as 64-year-old Anderson puts it. "I did hint at the time that he was coming back from the beyond but I put the plans of a follow up to rest when the critics shred the album to tiny little pieces of progressive tinsel."

Apparently bits and pieces of the second outing of A Passion Play appeared on the follow up album War Child released a year later in 1974. Anderson continues:

"Songs like Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day were originally intended for the second part of A Passion Play. Despite my disinclination to plan too far ahead I had the concept for A Passion Play II already in mind when we did the ill-fated recordings at the Chateau D’Herouville studios. I later released parts of it on the album Nightcap. The fans thought that the recordings comprised of the embryonic A Passion Play when it was in fact a lot of the embryonic A Passion Play II."

The new album is to be released in time for Christmas this year, says Anderson.

"I'm going to tour both Thick As A Brick and Thick As Brick 2 for the best part of spring and summer but after that the band and I will be back in the studio to commence recording. Most of the material is written and there might be a glimpse of it on the current tour."
Sprachlos

KH
Kwyjibo
Re: A Passion Play, Too?

Beitrag von Kwyjibo »

Was, was, was?!

Er hatte doch vor kurzem gesagt, dass es ein absolutes No Go ist? Oder bezog sich das nur auf die Liveumsetzung?

Edit: Achso, erster April.... :x
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

Haha, sehr gut aufgebauter Reinleger. Danke schön!
hunting boy

Beitrag von hunting boy »

Jack Green hat geschrieben:Haha, sehr gut aufgebauter Reinleger. Danke schön!
Jaja, und der echte Reinleger wäre, wenn das, was der König schrieb, jetzt tatsächlich wahr wäre... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hunting boy
Never a care: With your legs in the air...
John Wayne

Beitrag von John Wayne »

Jack Green hat geschrieben:Haha, sehr gut aufgebauter Reinleger. Danke schön!
Nettes Datum :roll:
Manchmal gibt es Dinge, wo ein Mann tut, was ein Mann eben tun muss!
Jack Green

Beitrag von Jack Green »

Ich find auch das mit dem Datum war wunderbar. Zukunftsvisionen?
Carsten

Beitrag von Carsten »

WONDERFUL!
Vor allem der hier:
King Heath hat geschrieben: Pilgrim, who was supposedly killed during a freak accident on Fulham Road, when a lorry lost its load of birth control pills,
Selbst verfasst? Dann "Hat up", aber so was von!

Herzlichst Ihr
M. Voituresdix
MENS RIDO ET REPUGNUM IN MAX QUAD
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

joot jemaaat!

Ich hab ne Sekunde drüber nachgedacht ;-)

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Antworten