video of the month

Kritik, Lob & Vorschläge für http://www.laufi.de und das Forum

Moderator: King Heath

Antworten
JM

video of the month

Beitrag von JM »

One of the main reasons I've been visiting your site regularly is the 'mpeg video of the month' section. Please, keep that tradition going on.

-JM

P.S: my cd player was not able to write a proper vcd from the 1985 videos. There was no sound. The earlier files have all been ok.
Gast

Re: video of the month

Beitrag von Gast »

JM hat geschrieben:One of the main reasons I've been visiting your site regularly is the 'mpeg video of the month' section. Please, keep that tradition going on.

-JM

P.S: my cd player was not able to write a proper vcd from the 1985 videos. There was no sound. The earlier files have all been ok.
Those mpeg files of the BachRock concert all had mp3 audio which is not compatible with VCD format. Compliant audio standard for VCD is mp2. There is software available that will fix these files. I used WinAVI Video Converter then burned to VCD quite nicely.
Laufi
Site Admin
Re: video of the month

Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi there:
Anonymous hat geschrieben: Those mpeg files of the BachRock concert all had mp3 audio which is not compatible with VCD format. Compliant audio standard for VCD is mp2.
ooops, yes, just checked it and you're right! Seems that I didn't take car when I converted it ... anyway, I think that VCD is "dead" in the times of DVD burning ;)

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
MrOOwA

VCD is dead

Beitrag von MrOOwA »

Yeah, Laufi, why do you keep broadcasting mpgs? Make it DIVX or XVID and we will be happy (no need to convert, as I do all the time), and lover server usage (smaller files...) Think about it!
smellyfart

Re: VCD is dead

Beitrag von smellyfart »

MrOOwA hat geschrieben:Yeah, Laufi, why do you keep broadcasting mpgs? Make it DIVX or XVID and we will be happy (no need to convert, as I do all the time), and lover server usage (smaller files...) Think about it!
What good does that do the DVD user??
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

smellyfart hat geschrieben:
MrOOwA hat geschrieben:Yeah, Laufi, why do you keep broadcasting mpgs? Make it DIVX or XVID and we will be happy (no need to convert, as I do all the time), and lover server usage (smaller files...) Think about it!
I agree with smellyfart.I could not work why i couldnt get sound so i ended up deleting. i was so pissed off
Laufi
Site Admin

Beitrag von Laufi »

Hi there:
Anonymous hat geschrieben:
smellyfart hat geschrieben:
I agree with smellyfart.I could not work why i couldnt get sound so i ended up deleting. i was so pissed off
Hm, to be honest: I don't agree on both postings, especially as they're anonymous. I started the video thing as a "service" for my visitors (which it still is) and for fun (which it still is as well). The mpeg format is very easy to handle, as also Mac users can play it and you can easily burn it to a VCD to watch on your telly - that's a good compromise (compared to the "real" format which for me would be (and is) DVD mpeg2) and I can handle (and pay!) the traffic and webspace. My vistirs are worth the amount I have to pay each month. This all worked good so far (except for one file where I did an error by accident with a wrong audio codec) for all parties and if someone is pissed of by anything: you don't have to use this service! :-)

cheers,

Laufi
"Du hast wohl nen nassen Helm auf!"

http://www.laufi.de
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Laufi hat geschrieben:Hi I agree with smellyfart.I could not work why i couldnt get sound so i ended up deleting. i was so pissed off
good so far (except for one file where I did an error by accident with a wrong audio codec) for all parties and if someone is pissed of by anything: you don't have to use this service! :-)

cheers,

Laufi[/quote] No ,Laufi im not pissed off at your site,just myself cause i couldnt work out the sound(tried different burners)BUT i do still have the mpegs so I;ll try WIN .Thanks for putting them up
Antworten